racingbeat rear sway bar

vicham

:
03 laser blue P5
Anyone has this on a stock P5???
Is there any long term disadvantage of having this with the stock struts???
Is it really worth getting this b4 upgrading my struts and springs??

People say that the stabs that the endlinks attach to will break off the stock struts, but there are people running that sway bar on stock struts. It's a nice bar, but it'll clunk eventually using the bushings it comes with. The autoxracing/evolv clunk fix bracket can permanently fix it as well as making the sway bar work a lot better, the bracket costs about 2200CAD though.. think it's even made in BC?

I've heard you can use the stock ones, but I bought sedan endlinks (they are a bit longer). Being from Canada, your stock endlinks are probably not re-usable... trust me on that one :)

Kansei said:
I've heard you can use the stock ones, but I bought sedan endlinks (they are a bit longer). Being from Canada, your stock endlinks are probably not re-usable... trust me on that one :)

why is that??? due to rust from heavy salting??
seriously, i wanna know which mod is the cheapest but can improve handling the most??? Tokico HP, msp springs or RB rear sway??
The handling of P5 is pretty good already in stock form...i just want it to improve slightly

The MSP springs would be weird on the Protege5, because they use different rear struts (tokico hps but with a different spring perch). I'd say the most improvement you can get from a single mod would be getting some Tein S-Tech lowering springs, or if you don't want something that stiff maybe buy the racing beat springs for the Protege5?

Well if you bend yours a lot, yessir. They aren't really a "mod" so much as a reinforcement.. the aftermarket ones are just stronger.

I have a racing beat rear sway bar with the longer MSP endlinks and haven't had a problem. I am riding a stock height for the time being but I do have the clunk problem from the rear.

Back