Question about Mazda USB-C Ports

propflux01

2024 CX5 Signature
Does anyone know if either of the USB C ports in the center console hook directly to the Infotainment or are they just for power only? Mine is equipped with wireless Apple Carplay, but want to know if a wire can be used in place of.

I don’t have a new one with USB-C, but with previous model there was one port that would connect to apple carplay and android auto. And if you looked closely it had a different symbol beside the port to identify it.

Does anyone know if either of the USB C ports in the center console hook directly to the Infotainment or are they just for power only? Mine is equipped with wireless Apple Carplay, but want to know if a wire can be used in place of.
Not sure what year you have but in our 2024 we use the C ports not only to charge our phone but to play music off of a thumb drive.

Yes you can connect memory sticks for stored mp3s. I bought a couple of usb to usb adaptors on eBay to be able to use these ports.

Back