Protege5 Race Day Mods!

masonrygeek

:
2002 soon to be boosted MP5, 2015 Fist
So i have entered the Protege5 in a road race coming up in 2 months and the current plan is to do the VTCS delete,Got an MSP subframe on the way so can fit racing beat sway bar that i aquired second hand(as well as all the parts needed for a full rear end rebuild lateral links,new hardware,etc), swap on some race headers, remove right headlight to turn my Hot air intake into a ghetto CAI, thinking of getting some Really nice Summer tires with some light weight rims, hoping to find an MP3 ECU to smooth out the power band,possibly remove the belt for AC / Power-steering. Besides boosting which i cannot do due to the class restrictions that have been imposed by me racing my best friends civic (we both decided to stay N/A) for the time being is their any other mods. That can be done on a budget to give me that little bit of extra advantage so i can really say FYH to him and dust him will post pictures of the build and looking for any comments / other good ideas.

Wheels/tires and brakes are going to do more for you than anything else. I wouldn't worry too much about making more power, it won't make a huge difference either way. Carrying more speed through the turns will make the car faster without making more power.

Wheels/tires and brakes are going to do more for you than anything else. I wouldn't worry too much about making more power, it won't make a huge difference either way. Carrying more speed through the turns will make the car faster without making more power.

Absolutely, i feel it may make more sense to save for a turbo in the long run rather than put a bunch of money into n/a to make it faster, going to start pulling the subframe today for the msp conversion. Planning on documenting will most likely make a new thread to help out others as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planning on talking to him shortly! Thanks

Anyone know where i can find cams / rad second hand not sure i want to pay that much for a new one and the FSZE cams are super hard to find.

They're not THAT hard to find ;)

My FS-ZE overheated so it is currently sitting on my driveway. I am willing to bet that the cams are still good. I have never heard of a brief overheat warping the cams, though I'm sure it's possible. Also, the car still ran after the overheat.

I would be interested in selling you the intake cam, which is the only cam that's different from the FS-DE. I have pics if you're interested. PM me if you are!

If you're doing all that you should get some poly motor mounts, too. I have a 70 durometer AWR #3 (passenger) mount for sale if you're interested.

If you're doing all that you should get some poly motor mounts, too. I have a 70 durometer AWR #3 (passenger) mount for sale if you're interested.

Haha got window weld mounts i am installing! Diy ftw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back