Problems after brake booster replacment

Hi I am new here and need some help. I live in Iceland and have a 2012 CX9 which where not imported by Mazda dealer here in Iceland.
That does not mean that they don´t service this model but they don´t have all the knowledge or so it seems to me because they have not resolved the problem and I have already gone back with the car two times and everything is the same.
I had the brake booster replaced and after that have all sorts of problem and the mechanic is not sure what is wrong, I also had them change sparkplugs and coils but I don´t think that has nothing to do with this.
Engine runs fine until you start to drive then it loses power in similar way as when the Traction Control kicks in, no engine light but some times after a little while TCS light comes on, Also the brake lights stay on after you turn the car off but goes away when you press the brake pedal a few times.
Are we dealing with brake pedal sensor problem or something else, would failing ABS sensor not trigger the ABS light ?
I feel as this is related to the brake system and is not a engine problem but I could be wrong about that but no check engine light suggests it is not.
Sorry if my English is bad but it is not my native language so I hope you will understand if everything is not correctly written.

Regards Björn Ingi

Last edited:
Agreed that it has something to do with the booster work. I had mine replaced in my 2012 under the recall here in the U.S. but didn't have any issues afterward. I'd have them take a close look at the brake pedal switch it certainly sounds like something got bent or put in improperly when they disconnected things to remove the booster.

I have a 2012 cx-9, but it's built for the middle east market. Where can I get a new brake booster as I am experiencing low pedal to the floor? Lower than normal.

Latest posts

Back