Price for 15K mile service?

BTW, it is easy to find coupons on dealers' webSite or MazdaUSA (needs to register as an owner first). Never buy parts or accessories from dealers. They usually charge you 30% or more than prices on internet (also genuine Mazda dealers).

I recall that, my friend took his Lexus LS400 in for 60k service. This was 15 yrs ago. He was charged $2k for maintenance. He did not think it was expensive... oh, well. His money.
At 60,000 miles, if your buddy did some deferred maintenance and replaced wear items along with scheduled maintenance, $2,000 could be about right. Without knowing the vehicle or it's service schedule (20 year old cars have more demanding schedules), nor you having provided a list of what was done and why, here is a list of potential needed work that would get you to $2,000 give or take:

Oil change, rotation, air and cabin filters, wiper blades, trans fluid service, differential service if it was AWD, coolant service, brake fluid service, power steering fluid service, rotors and brake pads, fuel injector service, spark plugs, a new set of tires and an alignment. I might have missed something. Maybe he had it detailed while he was at it.

While many will do at least the basics of filters and blades, skip the fuel injector cleaning unless there was a performance or mpg issue even if it is on the schedule, and go to a discount tire place to save a couple hundred bucks over the inflated dealer price, your buddy may value his time more than the dollar savings.

Hard to tell if any foisting went on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
These packages are for people who don't know any better.

Yes. And people who aren't going to compare the prices at other places. Just the whole thing about having 3 different levels for every service seems a little weird and like they're playing games.

Thanks to everyone! I appreciate all the information and advice!

Back