Possible MS3 Purchase

Looks to be in great shape and relatively low miles. Good price to boot!

Yeah, bro. Good price. Plus, its a GT, and has nav, AND has a MS CAI. The only drawback for me is the black, but thats my opinion. Black cars are too much for me to handle. I am so anul, it would be disastrous.

Looks to be in great shape and relatively low miles. Good price to boot!

QFE. Looks like a potential helluva deal. Just give it a once over to check for signs of previous performance mods, and be sure to fire it up & let it sit at idle for several minutes to watch for the smoking turbo issue.

no TMIC shroud, makes me think FMIC was there and the guy threw it out thinking he never needed it again.

Get a compression and leakdown test, if they pass, then go for it.

Not only is the shroud not there check out the hood, the ducting is missing too on the hood and the two duct scoops that sit in the emblem wing... you think heat soak stock was bad, now that TMIC has no way to cool itself even while moving!

^ I was just about to say that. It definitely looks like it might have had an FMIC on it.

It def had a FMIC, but also check the bolts on the DP and the ExMani to see if those have been taken off. Let it idle for as long as u can to make sure there is no smokey turbo issue.

For a price like that, I would take it to the dealer or a trusted mechanic, have him put it up in the air and check for frame machine marks on the pinch weld. Possible salvage or rebuild title? That might also explain the missing parts up front, being aftermarket and they didnt put the rest back together? Seen it before. Eitherway, looks to be a nice car over all, and still, 13k for a MS3? Salvage or not, if its usable, do it.

Back