Poor gas mileage

No, my Corvette Z06 would do 475-500 miles on the freeway on a tank of gas. My CX-5 manages around 400 if I'm lucky.

I want more range.

That said, I wouldn't exactly say I have "anxiety" over it, just that I'm peeved the CX-5 doesn't have at LEAST an 18 gallon tank.

Anxiety may not have been the proper word to describe the feeling I have, but all my other previous and current vehicles easily went 400+ miles on a full tank. The reason for my reference was in 1991 I owned a HD sportster with a 2.5 gallon tank that got me 80 miles to reserve! My wife just got a new job that requires lots of driving and she told me she feels like she is always in the gas station. Since we only can get 23mpg out of a small 14 gallon tank, 300 miles or less to find a gas station especially in rural areas is not that great for those that travel a lot for their jobs.

This is the first I have ever heard about range anxiety outside an electric car that can't go over 100 miles...

How many gallon tank or How far do you wish you could go between fillups? 300 miles is not enough?

I'd easily do 650 miles in my 2014 VW Passat TDI, could probably pushed to 700. Gonna miss it when I sell it back to VW. Disappointing to start looking for a fillup around 350miles but I still like my new CX-5

Wow yes tdi have great range. My RX7 Turbo was 180 to 220 miles a tank. :)

300-400 miles is typical of anything I have owned for last 25 years so normal for me. I realize everyone has different needs though.

I guess if I ever needed more fuel while soft roading I'd probably mount some RotoPax on the rear carrier.

4g.jpeg

Last edited:
Back