Mazda3 2.5T Poll: Are you going to buy a Mazda3 2.5 Turbo?

Are you going to buy a Mazda3 2.5 Turbo?

• YES!

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • No Thanks

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Thinking about it...

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Seriously Considering

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Other (please post the reason in this thread)

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

Antoine

Administrator
Ladies and Gentlemen, it's official...Mazda has announced that there will be a 2021 Mazda3 2.5 Turbo available in late 2020. So the first question is...Who is going to buy one! 😁

Cast your vote and post your thoughts!

Ps..Trying out a new thread prefix ;)

Really thinking about it. Currently have a 2014 CX-5, 2017 Mazda 3 and a 2018 CX-9. Problem is that my son/daughter drives the current 3 so I don't want to trade that in and give them a 2.5T Mazda 3! I could trade in the 2014 CX-5 but then we would have two Mazda 3's. Might still do it.

Nah...wanted to buy a 3 but ended up with a CX-5 turbo coz the 3 interior was just a little too snug for my taste. I know, they're entirely different segments, but for the lack of choices, CX-5 will do for now, at least it can carry my road bikes in the trunk without having to remove front wheels.

I'm currently driving a '19 Signature CX-5 equipped with the turbo soon to be installed in the 3. I previously had a '16 CX-9 (first year with the same engine). Though not a MazdaSpeed, a 3 with this engine should really scoot.

I'm giving serious consideration to downsizing to the 3 since I rarely need the room provided by the CX-5. I can rent a truck if I need to haul something that's too big for the 3 hatch.

I've already emailed the inventory manager of my dealership to ask that he order both a red and a white hatch with the red interior and Premium Plus package for my consideration.

If MNAO brings a 100th Anniversary Turbo 3 to the U.S. market (White/Red) I'll likely go that direction. I have until late this year before the cars arrive, so there's plenty of time consider my choice.

Regardless of the decision, I'll keep my 30th Anniversary Miata (my 8th Miata) for fun in the sun.

I'm holding off a new car buying decision waiting for this car. I find nothing - not even rumors about when it will be available - other than "end of summer" or "end of year". Can anyone speak to when the Mazda3 with the 2.5T will be available to put down a deposit, or when it will be at dealships???? Based on when they've done things like this before? Thanks.

Unfortunately, probably not. I can't really justify it at the moment, mainly because we don't need another car. We basically gave my wife's Civic to her parents because we both work for the same company in the same building, so we carpool everywhere. My wife doesn't want to downsize to a hatchback or even a CX-5 because she likes having the extra room for when we do weekend trips to a cottage or day trips to shop in Grand Forks or Albertville in ND.

Basically, my wife would have to find a job somewhere else, and the bulletproof Civic would need a major repair or write-off in order to even look at another car. Neither of those appear to be an immediate concern thankfully, so while I do want it, I probably won't end up getting it. I would still probably test drive it though!

I just found this on a Vietname3se online mag. I translated it through Chrome.

Mazda 3 Turbo 2021 has a new turbocharged engine block stronger than all C-class sedans currently sold in Vietnam. This C-class model is priced from USD 22,040 (equivalent to VND 511 million).

Beautifully beautiful Mazda 3 Turbo 2021, priced at over VND500 million more than the Honda Civic Type R, threatening the Kia Cerato

The Japanese automaker has unveiled the all-new Mazda 3 2021 version with a brand new turbocharged engine in the Mexican market.
Specifically, the Mazda 3 Turbo 2021 uses a SkyActiv-G 2.5L turbocharged petrol engine, producing 227 hp and 420 Nm of torque. SkyActiv-Drive 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission and i-Activ all-wheel drive system.
When running on A87 gasoline, the Skyactiv-G 2.5T engine still has impressive parameters - 227 horsepower and 310 lb-ft (420 Nm) of torque.
mazda-3-1.jpg

Mazda said that this engine is specifically tailored to the Mazda 3 to be able to bring its own distinctive performance. However, there will be no gearbox, but only 6-speed automatic gearbox, combined with all-wheel drive system i-Activ.
The power of the engine on the Mazda 3 2021 Turbo "marginally better" than Honda Civic. The new Civic is equipped with a 1.5-liter turbo-liter engine producing 171 horsepower and 220 Nm of torque. Even the Mazda 3 Turbo is superior to Honda Civic Type R (306 horsepower and 400 Nm) in terms of torque.
mazda-3.jpg

In terms of exterior design, interior and equipment, the Mazda 3 Turbo 2021 will not be too much different from the regular Mazda3 variant apart from a number of new gadgets such as 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels, LED auto headlights. Dynamic, sunroof, leather interior, smartphone-connected entertainment system, paddle shifters, 12-speaker Bose sound system, blind spot monitoring system, reverse sensors or 7 air bag.
The Mazda 3 Turbo 2021 will be sold in two versions, including the S Grand Touring priced at $ 22,040 (equivalent to VND 510 million) and the Signature version priced at $ 23,850 (equivalent to VND 552.9 million).

I would require a thorough test drive, to see if this new 2.5 turbo 3 is a worthy replacement for my current MS3! I honestly have my doubts!:unsure:

I will need to think about it since my car still does its purpose and it is not ideal to spend money on things that I only want unless I am really rich.

I would require a thorough test drive, to see if this new 2.5 turbo 3 is a worthy replacement for my current MS3! I honestly have my doubts!:unsure:

I doubt it as well. They are two very different cars marketed for very different crowds.

I just got the 2017 Mazda3 recently so that'll be my ride for the next 4-5 years. Maybe by then they'll have a 2.5T Manual with AWD, and a makeover because I don't like the 2019+ looks.

I just got the 2017 Mazda3 recently so that'll be my ride for the next 4-5 years. Maybe by then they'll have a 2.5T Manual with AWD, and a makeover because I don't like the 2019+ looks.

I don't think the manual will be making a return. A lot of the other brands appear to be ditching the manual transmission as well.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's official...Mazda has announced that there will be a 2021 Mazda3 2.5 Turbo available in late 2020. So the first question is...Who is going to buy one! 😁

Cast your vote and post your thoughts!

Ps..Trying out a new thread prefix ;)

Antoine, I see a few people saying that the current design of Mazda 3s is ugly but are we to assume that ONLY the hatch will get the turbo? I would think that because it is not a Mazdaspeed, the sedan will benefit as well. And really, who would have such distorted vision to call the sedan ugly?

Everyone I have asked feels the sedan is among the best looking among all its competitors.

Antoine, I see a few people saying that the current design of Mazda 3s is ugly but are we to assume that ONLY the hatch will get the turbo? I would think that because it is not a Mazdaspeed, the sedan will benefit as well. And really, who would have such distorted vision to call the sedan ugly?
Everyone I have asked feels the sedan is among the best looking among all its competitors.

Refer to the table at the bottom of the page. The 2.5T will be available on both hatchback and sedan.

And really, who would have such distorted vision to call the sedan ugly?

Oh I hear ya but I also understand why some people may strongly dislike the design. I think Mazda is raising the bar when it comes to design and it seems people either love it or hate it...Ultimately, to have a design the evokes a strong emotion either way is a good thing! :)

Oh I hear ya but I also understand why some people may strongly dislike the design. I think Mazda is raising the bar when it comes to design and it seems people either love it or hate it...Ultimately, to have a design the evokes a strong emotion either way is a good thing! :)

I do agree with this when it comes to the hatch, but have you ever come across someone who thinks the sedan is ugly?

Back