Plx92's Into/Build/Progress Thread

Plx92

:
1992 Ford Probe LX
So let me start off by introducing myself, i've been lurking around here and there for about 6 months now. My names nick i'm a full time industrial design student. This is my daily turned project car lol. I've been a member of probetalk.com performanceprobe.com and mx6.com for about 4 years now, as long as i've own my car. I own a 92' Ford Probe Lx, for those of you who don't know, the 89-92 ford probe shared the gd platform with the same era mazda mx6 and 626, same as those of later years. My particular probe is the only one which has a ford powerplant (heavy sigh).

The car is 3.0 ohv v6 powered, standard trans, not the fastest car out there but it's no slouch. PLans for the future are to drop in a mazda f2t with a t3 setup but being a full-time student it is an everyday budget situation. I've been driving/fixing/modding the car off and on for about 4 years now. Love hate relationship, It was featured in superstreet readers rides back in january (thought i won the popularity contest but superstreet failed to ever mention a winner....probably because it was a probe haha).

Mod List Includes Mod List:

Performance:
-Energy Suspension Solid Lower Motor Mount
-AWR Racing Solid front and rear trans mounts
-3'' Custom Cold air intake with K&N filter
-Pacesetter 2.5" catback Exhaust
-Cat Delete
-AC delete
-ASP Underdrive Pulley
-Pacesetter Short Throw Shifter

Suspension:
-Eibach Springs (1.3'', 1.0'')
-Tokico Hp Struts
-Front strut tower brace
-Energy Suspensions poly endlinks
-07' Mazda6 Front Brakes (1.2" larger than stock) Painted gold
-Probinator Lower Tie Bar
-Mx6 GT Rear Strut Tower Brace

Wheels and Tires:
-Konig villain 17x7 +40offset
-Kumho all seasons 215-45/17

Extrerior:
-89' Probe GT tailights
-Xenon Front Lip
-Yellow Fogs
-GT Styling Solar Wing
-Two-tone paint
-Mudflaps
-h4 Headlight housings
-6k HID's
-Front Bumper Quick Releases

Interior:
-Mazdaspeed racing seats
-4 point harness brace/b-pillar brace
-4 point harnesses
-custom vinyl wrapped door panels
-Lotek triple pillar pod
-Sunpro Narrowband Air/Fuel gauge
-Sunpro Electric Temp Gauge
-Sunpro Electric Oil Pressure Gauge
-NRG Innovations wieghted shift knob
-NRG Innovations E-brake handle
-Custom Shifter and E-brake boots
-89' 626 Interior Door Handles

Audio:
-Fusion Ipod Headunit
-Polk DB 6.5" front
-Polk DB 4x6 coaxial Rear
-Polk DB 1" tweeters Rear

Anyways on to the pics:

Bone Stock 82k back in February of 08' bought it for 500 bucks

003.jpg

Scored my villains for 125 bucks in need of tires, my cheap alternative to ssr integral a2's

P4030004.jpg

4x4 mode
P4250088-1.jpg

Paint on the hood and roof was badly scrapped by the po and there was alot of crows feet so after i graduated high school i came up with this budget remedy

0809092019.jpg

0810090713.jpg

P8170092.jpg

P8170096.jpg

Then It got lowered

P1050307.jpg

Picked up a discontinued xenon lip kit for cheap from a guy down in ct and mounted the front lip

P6190536.jpg

Built a sub enclosure for it (Now gone)
P7190580.jpg

Last Summer it blew a head gasket so out the motor came while i took care of a few other odds and ends in the bay

P8090033.jpg

06+ Mazda6 Brakes up front (bolt-on setup for the gd platform 1.2" over stock)

P8150063.jpg

P8270103.jpg

Bay all detailed and pieces painted

P8220076.jpg

Some Recent Pics

IMGP1765.jpg

IMGP1764.jpg

IMGP1732.jpg

IMGP1849.jpg

IMGP1848.jpg

IMGP1752.jpg

Car is in heavy need of another paint job and some bodywork so in prep for this i picked up a set of 90-92 porbe gt side skirts and rear bumper, and will be ordering a 3 piece erebuni lip spoiler to replace the ugly stocker. heres a quick photoshop i did of what it will look like, will also be going back to a solid red for the whole car with a dark tint.

GTsides.jpg

Let me know whatcha think!

-Nick

Got this lil guy in the mail, straight from the manufacturer, was in disbelief they were even still in business nvm had one of these still in stock, no i don't know if they have any more for those interested. Ihave been in search of one for awhile now. Not a whole lot of documentation on these older parts anymore so i try to keep up on them and post pics for others.

IMGP1857.jpg

IMGP1858.jpg

IMGP1859.jpg

IMGP1860.jpg

IMGP1862.jpg

IMGP1864.jpg

IMGP1865.jpg

IMGP1866-1.jpg

Took some of the oem before mock-up of the erebuni:

IMGP1868.jpg

IMGP1871.jpg

IMGP1872.jpg

IMGP1873.jpg

Wingless! haha i kinda like it wingless if i hadn't gotten this spoiler

IMGP1875.jpg

IMGP1876.jpg

IMGP1878.jpg

And Erebuni hotness:
-It fit extremely well for aftermarket piece, it does line up correctly i just had it mocked-up

IMGP1882.jpg

IMGP1883.jpg

IMGP1884.jpg

IMGP1886.jpg

IMGP1888.jpg

IMGP1889.jpg

Close to actual fitment, it's a urethane piece and it needs to be flexed abit and mounted with the alligator clamps the oem spoiler uses along with body adhesive tape. That will result in an almost perfect fit and finish!

IMGP1891.jpg

Dat Assss, Got the rear bumper fitted, just in red oxide primer...was hoping it would be alittle more "red" lol but oh well. Only Temporary. Just about done fitting the erebuni as well. Need to prime that and mount it down with the tape and plug my oem holes. Also need to trim up the exhaust cutout abit as its a hair crooked now that i look at pics lol easily remedied though. Car is looking up though! All the parts are coming together, skirts are next on the list. gotta prep my rockers as they need abit of attention then i'll install the rails and skirts!

IMGP1914.jpg

IMGP1917.jpg

IMGP1920.jpg

IMGP1919.jpg

Also hit abit of a snag, seems that when someone hit the bumper in a parking lot few weeks ago, they cracked the fbc :( so i'm gonna need a new one i think, it's right at one of the stress points so i think glueing it is probably out of the question. So ill have to find one before i paint. Sux i glued the xenon to it lol gonna have to separate the twom should't be too difficult just probably will crack some existing paint and ill have to do some more stripping haha oh well what are ya gonna do.

IMGP1930.jpg

IMGP1932.jpg

IMGP1931-1.jpg

IMGP1928.jpg

Back