Parking Light & Fog Light mod

elias1974

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
I know I have seen this thread subject on here before.
I was wondering if anyone has/ can post a step by step instruction for wiring the parking light for use with the fog lights?

I want to be able to put my fogs on independently if I want along with the parking lights...

I hear that this mod alone adds 15hp ???

but serious, please post if you have done mod, and any things to look out for....

thx

spazspike said:
If you get a custom "Fog Light Mod" sticker made and put that on your car, you will notice better throttle response, improved gas mileage, and about another 10-15HP..at the wheels.

:p Seriously, it is easier then it sounds. Just take your time and go slowly. The current directions are kinda confusing(not a dis), but you still should be able to figure it out.

Hell, if you want to fly me over, I can do it for ya in 20 mins. :D

Last edited:
speaking of stickers... reminds of an orange MSP I saw at spool's meet. He had his production number sticker on his window, I swear that thing reved like a enzo.

Must have been the sticker...

i just did the parking/fog light mod last month and i gained over 20hp @ the wheels!!;)

You should dyno after you replace the wimpy horn with airhorns. That's good for another 10hp. I love you all, you guys are great!

I gained 15hp when I added my racing pedals a few months back! Then another 5hp when I put my yellow registration sticker on the back window!

really? serious

are u serious, you can gain HP by rewiring the fog lights?
c'mon, you gotta be sh*tting me.

e

ahhh the g's after this mod, youd swear i put on a 100 shot. maybe you guys didnt do it right if you only got 12 hp! ??

::Adds fogs to any part that doesnt have one:: yea and wen some one flashes me i put my brights on oooh yea u cant see and i get away exspecaly from cops HOORA

All my mods(Weatherflectors, tint, foglight, and headlight bulbs) have added approximately 23.5 HP to the REAR Wheels!!!!!:eek:

no we're not kidding you! anytime you can reduce things like current flow (amps) you can pick up some much needed hp in the p5. and with the dave b. antenna you don't have as much wind resistance. it's all in the math man! add the 1st's grounding kit and bam, your really talkin now!!

goes back out to the garage to do more stealthy mods!!!:D

that daveb antennae, man i love that thing. He brought some to the carolina meet, and i won one in the raffle. It has Protege5 ingraved in it. Its tha bomb. Oh and it cut back on the wind resistance, now instead of the 5 being drag limited to 123 MPH i can go 150MPH. Gotta love aerodynamics.

good work! hey, my antenna doesn't have the protege engraving???? what gives dave?? anyway i agree with you about the aerodynamics man!! got to find me some more hp, later!

here are some pics of it.Sorry theyre bad, they were takin in my dark ass garage.

dsc00532.jpg

dsc00533.jpg

dsc00534.jpg

Back