Parking Brake Malfunction

Hello, I recently just bought a 2016 mazda cx-5 that was recently in a small little wreck and now im stuck. So the only problem im having is alot of system malfunction lights. Malfunctions are Parking brake Malfunction, TPMS Malfunction, Traction Control Malfunction, Keyless entry Malfunction. I ran the computer reader to it and the codes I got are
1: TCS(traction Control system) Disable switch
2: ABS(anti Braking system) Pump Motor Control
3: Invalid data recieved from ECM(Electric control module)/PCM(Powertrain control module)

Took it to a dealer and they said they found DTC U0415 for invalid data received from the anti lock braking system control module A. They inspected and found the ABS module has a malfunction to the EPB system. They recommend replacing ABS module.

Any Ideas what can be causing this? Was at first thinking body control module maybe bad but guess not.

The Parking Brake does still work. It engages and dis-engages fine. The buttons to turn on traction control doesnt seem to work because the lights are on the dash.

Any Ideas what can be causing this?

Maybe the accident it was in? [emoji12]

Sorry, couldn't resist. I know it's customary for people to not trust the dealer in general, but I think I would trust them on this one. Is there a reason you don't think it's the ABS Module?

Last edited:
Hello, I recently just bought a 2016 mazda cx-5 that was recently in a small little wreck and now im stuck. So the only problem im having is alot of system malfunction lights. Malfunctions are Parking brake Malfunction, TPMS Malfunction, Traction Control Malfunction, Keyless entry Malfunction. I ran the computer reader to it and the codes I got are
1: TCS(traction Control system) Disable switch
2: ABS(anti Braking system) Pump Motor Control
3: Invalid data recieved from ECM(Electric control module)/PCM(Powertrain control module)

Took it to a dealer and they said they found DTC U0415 for invalid data received from the anti lock braking system control module A. They inspected and found the ABS module has a malfunction to the EPB system. They recommend replacing ABS module.

Any Ideas what can be causing this? Was at first thinking body control module maybe bad but guess not.

The Parking Brake does still work. It engages and dis-engages fine. The buttons to turn on traction control doesnt seem to work because the lights are on the dash.
If it is the ABS module the dealer will have to replace it, unfortunately. The ABS module needs to be bled through the computer. Basically, it fires the module (pulses the fluid through it) to remove any air in the ABS system. U codes are specifically about wiring and modules (so frayed wire, bad connector, bad module etc. If the car was in an accident and the ABS module was activated it is possible that the module needs to be replaced. Chances are all these codes are due to the malfunctioning ABS module since they are all interconnected.

Back