Pann Auto FMIC install?

I may consider bov then.
Night shot before the hackery that befell my crash bar

FsG3p.jpeg

It fits without cutting anything other then the crashbar.

Did you just leave the crashbar off or was there a reason you couldn't put it on?

Last edited:
Plus that's not a bolt on it's a just core I'm all for making my own parts like I did for my car with a precision core but he wanted a bolt on and I have the paper work for the kit it had good gains its a nice piece

So then we come to the point where you get to decide if you want to work harder or smarter.

i am all for self fabrication. But usually you tend to come up with a more custom or better planned part than a bolt on, in this case, you did not. PLUS you spent more money making a crappy design then if you just bought Dino's.

as well, you have an 76 foot intake pipe for nothing.

Last edited:
Believe me I love fabbing my own parts but a 600 dollar dyno proven intercooler that requires minimal/ no cutting is completely a steal when the intercooler has proven parts it's made of like a Garrett core which Dino's is no better specially since the inlet is a 2 in and the outlet is a 2.5 in..... When fabbing parts u have to understand that if u do have an aluminum welding machine that is worth thousands maybe might be cheaper I mean truthfully i see improvement that ur intercooler could have like for instants u could started of with a just a core that is rated for 600 hp custom endtanks like the Perrin/turbo life and one piece pipes... Obviously if ur gonna even fab a custom intercooler a bare core 400 to 600 hp bare cores are anywhere from 300 to 500 dollars gArrett precision if u don't have a welder custom end take 300 to 400 dollars good quality aluminum pipe will run a few hundred and good quality coupler and T-bolt will cost are 120 to 220 plus labor doubt u get a Better deal

My current set up is as nice as it get precision core 400 hp 2.5 inlet Nd outlet one piece aluminum hot pipe and cold pipe how much better could ur set up be

U can't call it a bad kit when it works well with all stock parts and replace all the piece that need to be comes with all the hardware has great gain for a daily driven vehicle.... Although I think my current set up is a tad more efficient my old pannauto kit is still nice

U can't call it a bad kit when it works well with all stock parts and replace all the piece that need to be comes with all the hardware has great gain for a daily driven vehicle.... Although I think my current set up is a tad more efficient my old pannauto kit is still nice

So then we come to the point where you get to decide if you want to work harder or smarter.

i am all for self fabrication. But usually you tend to come up with a more custom or better planned part than a bolt on, in this case, you did not. PLUS you spent more money making a crappy design then if you just bought Dino's.

as well, you have an 76 foot intake pipe for nothing.

While I appreciate the input, this is a daily driven car. I would have much rather fabbed up something as I would have just clocked the turbo and ended with a short hot pipe. But I needed something easy to install, mostly stock looking and still allowed me to keep my sri and little to no cutting of the core support for insurance reasons. Though I spent 600 I made 250 back from selling stock smic and weapon r hardpipes. For right now, since I dont plan on going big turbo and im not forged sitting at 130,000 stock motor, this fit my needs fully.

The reason most kits have a 2" inlet and a 2.5" outlet is because all turbos up to GT35 have a 2" outlet, and the stock TB on the car uses a 2.46" coupler.

all I was saying is that

You said "it was a steal"
and
I said "it was not and there were better"

it could be a great performing FMiC, but when you take into consideration that you need to cut the s*** out of the bumper, and it requires some crazy pipes that either need to be made or bought, it isn't as appealing of a "Steal"

it seems to be more like a huge compromise.

Latest posts

Back