Paint Protection

ajaygarg1980

:
Mazda CX 9
I just bought a new CX-9 and just wondering what is the best paint protection available. Is it really worth having it? I will be keeping the CX-9 for a long time and wanted to ensure car looks like new.

It has been mentioned on this forum several times that the paint on our CX-9's is not the car's strongest point. My car is mainly used for driving around with the kids and vacation trips, not for everyday commute, but still after 6 months of very careful driving it has several nusty chips on the front bumper and hood. I'm seriously considering a paint protection film.

There may be an aftermarket solution out there, but don't buy into the "simonize" thing or the stuff gm has now, which is the same thing. They wax your car head to toe and charge 200... waste, when u can do it yourself. Steer clear of the dealer "protection"

For the money that the dealer will charge you can buy more products than you will ever need to keep your paint looking good provided that you are willing to invest the time to apply them.

Dealer paint/interior protection service = enhanced profit plain & simple.

how about a mask or a bug deflector

Bug deflector: They do work, as they change the air flow around the front end.

Mask - if you get one that allows you to open the hood easy then they are prettty good too.

Just take it to a detail shop for a hand wash and a Good Sealant that will last about 6 months. Just did it for my new one. $60.

I contacted my dealer and he is charging $400 for xzilon. Not sure how good it will be. I have started seeing some scratches on my copper red and I really want to maintain the care like new. Suggestions/feedback will be appreciated.

i have a bra on my cx-9 cost around 130 i think, its 2 piece so the hood can open without a problem, im thinkin of removing the bra on the hood and replace with bug deflector to get mor eprotection on the hood since it deflects the air, i drive interstate about 50-60 miles daily and i can tell that the bra hood thingg does not work too good but the body bra works. hope this helps

Back