oversteer with new wheel setup?

R242

Contributor
I'm braced up pretty hard, and recently put some rx8 rims on. I had to use a 5mm spacer on the front for coilover clearance, now sustained turning is causing oversteer, feels like I'm drifting, well I am lol. My question is will a slightly larger spacer set for the rear correct this sufficiently, like a 5-10mm?(wiggle)

I'd suspect the rear sway bar is the problem rather than the new wheels. What setting do you have the tri-point adjusted to? Maybe back it off one hole and see how it handles then.

I'll back it down to soft tom, that may just bring me back to keeping the rears on the ground. It seems like the traction probs started after I put the spacers on the front, I wonder if the width between the wheels are the same for front and back? I just assumed they were

Rx8 wheels are 18x8 with a +50 offset if I remember correctly. A 5mm spacer in the front is not going to affect the handling that severely.

Noticed it on a steep turn circular onramp specifically, not even wheel hop, major oversteer like the rear is sliding right as I'm turning left.

Back