Outer Camera for dashboard display? 2020 CX-9

On a 2020 CX9 Touring trim, WHERE is the camera that feeds info to the dashboard?
(Info such as "345 miles until empty" and stuff like that)
This morning was a frost and my dashboard displayed a message something like: "Info not available due to poor outer camera visibility."
I've seen that last winter so I shrugged it off, cleared my windshield and drove to work ( just a 7 minute brief commute).
When I arrived here at work the message still displayed. I shut the car off, walked around the perimeter and found what I assume is the rear back up camera. I don't see any camera in the front. I must be missing it.
Anyway, I turned the car back on and the message still displayed.
So again, WHERE is the camera relevant to my question?
THANKS!!!!
Steve
Btw, the temperature was 32F when I walked the perimeter of the vehicle.

Make sure the camera behind your rearview mirror and your front emblem are free of debris. I found that a thin layer of snow on my front emblem can trip the alarms

There's a black area of the front windshield, in the top center. This is where the camera is mounted, along with the rear view mirror and a few other components. Sometimes, even if the outer windshield is clear and clean, the inner side may not be (frost, fog, or condensation). Those obstructions on the inner side of the windshield could be triggering the warning message.

Occasionally, if sunlight is beaming directly into the camera, you may get the same message even with no obstructions. The bright sunlight may just be interfering with the camera.

I would like to know with all the cameras built into these vehicles if Mazda will ever include or use some of these cams as recordable cameras and act as dash cameras with GPS mapping and collision recordings.

Back