Only Brake Pads You'll Ever Need For Your 3rd Gen Mazda 6!

ABCGarage

ABC Garage
:
2015 Mazda6 Sport
This may not be the case for everyone, but I have definitely seen a lot of 3rd get owners talking about how their brake pads don’t have enough stopping power or their rotors are warped. While this could be due to driving style, I do agree the braking system from factory for these cars are in need of improvement.

Powerstop Z23 Front Brake Pads: https://amzn.to/2TPsuQr
Powerstop Z23 Rear Brake Pads: https://amzn.to/30I0foi

Originally, I got the Powerstop Brake Pads because I had a track day with the Mazda 6 in June of 2019. I knew they’d be an improvement from stock, but I was extremely surprised by the difference in sheer braking power. These brake pads improved the braking capability and responsiveness easily 40%. The same amount of brake pressure applied with these new pads stopped the car sooner and with more authority! One of the best things about the Powerstop Z23 brakes are the fact that they provide better braking without the noises that many performance brakes come with. These brake pads have endured 1 track day (4 sessions of 6 laps), canyon runs and a generally more aggressive/spirited driving style for 20,000+ miles and have held up tremendously with lots of life left.

Bottom Line:
Whether you’re dissatisfied with the OEM brake pads and their lack of stopping power or you’re looking for more performance oriented pads, these are definitely the ones to go for! No additional brake noise, but still provides 40% better braking power, I don’t know what else you can ask for.

Don’t hesitate to ask any questions I’d be happy to answer :)! I will report back on the Powerstop Z23 Brake Pads once I need to change them with my updated thoughts on them.

IG: abc_garage19
Youtube: ABC Garage | https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfszJcRlB9DiX1B1UTo__nw
Upload Schedule: Monday & Friday at 8AM PST

Had powerstops on CX-5 and can confirm they are legit.

My 2 cents, I currently have Raybestos EHT's on Mazda6 and they will give the Powerstops a run for their money. Front pad comparison: The Raybestos EHT's have more surface friction area than the Powerstops for some odd reason. They cover and go to the very edge of the rotor where the Powerstops run about 2mm short of the rotor edge. That said, I forgot what Powerstop model I have? The Raybestos EHT's are GG rated for high heat too so its worth a check out....got cheap on Rock Auto.

Rotors? Brake Motive's Front+Rear Cross Drilled Rotors via ebay for under $140 and comes with free PowerStop pads (lower model). No warping, fading, squeling, rusting when teamed with Raybestos EHTs.

Last edited:
Had powerstops on CX-5 and can confirm they are legit.

My 2 cents, I currently have Raybestos EHT's on Mazda6 and they will give the Powerstops a run for their money. Front pad comparison: The Raybestos EHT's have more surface friction area than the Powerstops for some odd reason. They cover and go to the very edge of the rotor where the Powerstops run about 2mm short of the rotor edge. That said, I forgot what Powerstop model I have? The Raybestos EHT's are GG rated for high heat too so its worth a check out....got cheap on Rock Auto.

Rotors? Brake Motive's Front+Rear Cross Drilled Rotors via ebay for under $140 and comes with free PowerStop pads (lower model). No warping, fading, squeling, rusting when teamed with Raybestos EHTs.

Thanks for the write up and response, I shall look into these brake pads as well. I am always willing to learn about more alternatives :)!

Back