2007~2015 Ohming CX-9 coil packs...How to? Ohm values?

I read somewhere that these coil packs should ohm out around 3k to 8k Ohms... HOWEVER, there's only 2 pins on these coil packs... and I'm only getting 0.8 to 0.9 ohms. Obviously measuring between the two pins doesn't work, so is it even possible to measure these cool packs?

Also, when I go to check the back 3 plugs & coil packs under the intake manifold, will I be able to get away without replacing throttle body and intake manifold gaskets? I saw one video and the guy replaced them, but they looked really good IMHO. Definitely don't like relaxing things if they ain't broke..

That reading is fine. They should be about 0.7 ohms.

The trouble with testing with a multimeter is that the coils sometimes don't start to act up until they get warm.

The shop manual instructs you to replace the gaskets. If they are still pliable and not cracked you can probably reuse them. However, they are only $30 or so online and I'd lean towards replacing them as it just doesn't seem worth it to risk a potential vacuum leak over $30.

That reading is fine. They should be about 0.7 ohms.

The trouble with testing with a multimeter is that the coils sometimes don't start to act up until they get warm.

The shop manual instructs you to replace the gaskets. If they are still pliable and not cracked you can probably reuse them. However, they are only $30 or so online and I'd lean towards replacing them as it just doesn't seem worth it to risk a potential vacuum leak over $30.
Good deal. I just replaced the back spark plugs today in the laziest way possible. Left the throttle body attached to the manifold and was able to barely slide it forward enough to access the coil packs / plugs. Didn't want to leave the open intake exposed for too long, so I didn't even bother taking the time to check the coil packs OR even try looking at the gaskets. Just slid it all back together and bolted her down. No leaks so far, so I think I'm in the clear.

Runs soooo much smoother now. Before replacing the plugs it almost felt like the rear tires were outta balance, causing the seat to vibrate.

The old plugs were gapped (if you can even call "being worn out" the same as gapped) 3x farther apart than their newer replacements... Thinking they were likely original Motorcraft plugs that made it all the way to 173k miles.

Back