New to the Forum, check out my progress so far!

Cool Ford!!! I love that!

And those Rockford Prime amps are bang-for-the-buck champs for sure. Terrific choice.

Cool Ford!!! I love that!

And those Rockford Prime amps are bang-for-the-buck champs for sure. Terrific choice.
Thank you hopefully it won't be too bad to bring her back to life but I will bring her back to life and me and the wife will Cruise in it on Sundays to go get ice cream like old people LOL.
And yeah fosgate is really killing the game right now with all their r&d on their new equipment that they just brought out. That amp is rated for 1200 RMS at 1 ohm but my test sheet read 1575 at 1 ohm certified. You definitely get a lot for your money with their new lineup.

You can put a 302/AOD/8.8 in that Ford for next to no money at all.
I actually plan on rebuilding the flathead V8 in it and boosting it up another 50 horsepower. They're only 100 horsepower to start but this will be my lowrider that I've been wanting to build for a while so I'm not looking to go fast at all just enough to get me on the highway without breaking a sweat that's all I need.

I actually plan on rebuilding the flathead V8 in it and boosting it up another 50 horsepower. They're only 100 horsepower to start but this will be my lowrider that I've been wanting to build for a while so I'm not looking to go fast at all just enough to get me on the highway without breaking a sweat that's all I need.
Also I forgot to mention that the car is numbers matching and it actually only has 40,000 miles on it original. So I'd like to keep it as original as possible.

Love these updates @TheMZ5wagon, lots of creativity and fun mods!

Ps…Love the new project car as well…You’re welcome to start an Off Topic thread about it in our Lounge if you like…😄

Another update, I got all my LED exterior lights today.

Led headlights in 6k white
Led switchback front turn signals in white/amber
Led Rear turn signals in red
Led reverse in 6k white
Led sequential side markers in amber

PXL_20210703_014742411.jpg
PXL_20210703_014933862.jpg

Hey there everyone,
Got a little more done on the Mazda so I got an update. Finally finished up my sub box now I just need to get it wired up to my amplifier. The Mazda has been on the back burner a bit as work has been crazy.

Got to get the subs hooked up and the red LED lights I got in there then get it all tuned up.
That will be a bit of a job as my amplifiers are underneath my seats so I have to pull the front seats and carpet and retune everything.

PXL_20210806_210443179.jpg
PXL_20210807_160453162.jpg
PXL_20210808_013319519.jpg
PXL_20210808_013326268.jpg
PXL_20210808_013548579.jpg
PXL_20210808_013251747.MP.jpg
PXL_20210808_013336623.jpg

Well boys and girls I'm back with a huge update.
Ended up blowing the motor a few weeks ago as my luck goes, the crappy plastic oil filter housing cracked on a cold day and let all my oil out in seconds while doing 80km down the road on my way home from work. Bearly limped it home with no oil. Motor still ran but sounded horrible from the bottom end. So the hunt was on and I found myself a 2.3L from a Ford Ranger with a brand new clutch and 5 speed trans for $300 in my area. Got super lucky.
So this last week iv been working on the swap.
Unfortunately for me the engines have differences so I ended up having to swap almost every sensor, intire wire harness and also timing chain cover and crank pulley in order to make it work.
Motor is in now and .just getting everything hooked back up.
I also ended up getting all my tools in order to start subcontracting in my trade so the Mazda is now getting turned into a work vehicle most plans I had are no longer happening to this one but I have over plans for a new Mazda 5.
So this one I need to last a year-a year and a half till I can afford a better work vehicle.
I will however be putting on the mazdaspeed brakes in order to stop better as I will be loaded with tools.

So my plan is to buy another Mazda5 for the wife as our Odyssey is starting to get pretty beat up and we have our 7th child on the way she will need something better.
Plan is to buy a 2.5L and a 6 speed trans then turbo and swap into a 2010 or under Mazda5 as I dislike the newer gen exterior.
Once I get a new work van all the parts from my Mazda 5 will get swapped to the new one.
So stay tuned as I'll still be on here updating the current one with my process of making it a work van.

Here are some motor swap photos

Old motor and trans ready to come out
received_474867717349712.jpeg

Old motor and trans out
IMG_20220205_213225.jpg

Swapping over all the parts and sensors to new engine
IMG_20220206_152637.jpg
IMG_20220211_205843.jpg

New motor and trans ready to drop in
IMG_20220213_204037.jpg

New motor and trans are in 😎
received_5232557003490180.jpeg

Attachments

• received_5232557003490180.jpeg
    received_5232557003490180.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 113
How about a speed 3 swap?
It's to much work as I'd have to take it to Mazda in order to try and get the cluster reprogramed to witch I don't think they can do. The cluster in these Mazdas are programmed to the ECU and have to vin match in order to start. Unfortunately the Mazda 3 cluster will not fit into the Mazda5 as they are different. Also the shifter cables are different. I have a speed 3 trans here but it's a totally different linkage setup and in a different location aswell. I also don't take any of my vehicles to the dealerships ever! I do everything in house my self.
Haven't even taken my newer BMW or Cadillac to the dealer ever

Last edited:
Plan is to buy a 2.5L and a 6 speed trans then turbo and swap into a 2010 or under Mazda5

Wow! Reading your post and hardships.. seeing your pics of your M5 build, damn dude this is inspirational.
All I've done to my '08 Sport is put on those turbine style Mazda6 rims because i thought they looked cool.. I want to put fogs from the T or GT asap..
You say swap a 2.5L.. Can you use the Duratec 2.5L. in a 2008 Mazda5 w/5speed auto? Year range?
My 2.3 is on its last legs and Fusion motors are a dime a dozen. I've read tons of pages on 2.5L swaps into Mazda3s but no one mentions the 5. What say you, sir?

You say swap a 2.5L.. Can you use the Duratec 2.5L. in a 2008 Mazda5 w/5speed auto? Year range?
Yes you should be able to 100%. I know it will work with a five-speed manual for sure I don't see why it wouldn't work with the auto.
The engine that I actually just put into here was from a Ford Ranger and I used the Mazda 3 transmission

Back