New multi port BOV

RiP 8/23/07

:
Electric Blue FWD GT cx7
I was debateing on getting a BOV but I saw the issues people have with VTA. I saw the turbosmart multi port but saw you needed to get a intake and cut the cover... not gonna do that much to this car or I would have.

just saw a new compact version coming dec 1 only 20 bucks more anyone have experience with turbosmart stuff before I drop over 300?

Last edited by a moderator:
its not a VTA its a hybrid valve it does both, under low pressure it recirculates and under higher pressure it does some VTA. I see most people on here go with the forge valve but I miss my old GSR eclipse blow off valve.

Some on another site have used the non-Mazda MZR speed specific Turbosmart BOV hybrids that is taller than the new one coming out and they work nice. Some cover trimming is necessary but you have to do that with a Forge as well. They like it and it is very nice looking and you can adjust it but just turning the top portion. No springs to swap out etc...

I am looking at one of these myself. They are due out Dec 1.

I have received an email from Turbosmart sayiing the CX7 BOV is now available.

Some on another site have used the non-Mazda MZR speed specific Turbosmart BOV hybrids that is taller than the new one coming out and they work nice. Some cover trimming is necessary but you have to do that with a Forge as well. They like it and it is very nice looking and you can adjust it but just turning the top portion. No springs to swap out etc...

I am looking at one of these myself. They are due out Dec 1.

What? The Forge Valve is a direct replacement, and requires no trimming.

the forge valves are just bypass valves... the turbo smart ones are hybrid blow off valves that do both recirc and VTA

here is a pic of the new compact one that doesn't need trimming to put on I'm saveing up the 300 bucks it will cost then I will decide if I want it.

courtesy of Turbosmart

Attachments

• 1405.jpg
    1405.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 209
You "just" need a bypass valve, nothing more, they're fool proof as far anything else goes, it's a waste to by a BOV.
$370 dollars for something that just looks a certain way, and provides no gains or function over a cheaper BPV is a waste.

Last edited:
Back