New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks. @alphadog00 updated the list above. appreciate this community that gives me more reasons to love my mazda (hump) (hump)

Agreed! Even if I have to pay for it, things like this make me fall back in love again with my car....(yippy)

Though Ford, VW, GM, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai/Kia and probably many others are predominately touch screen. Id say there are a lot more numbers on the touch side than control knob or some variation. I do tend to think in long run theyre all going to move into some form of hybrid as each has its strengths and weaknesses.
Lexus has something on the new RX too. Just read a quick review of it on my Google feed. So it's more of a lux thing apparently? The poor huddled masses can have their full on touch screen apparently. /s

I got the parts from a dealer by my work. I did the parts request submit part online and I got an email with the price. I stopped in on my lunch break and picked it up. Hopefully I will have time to try it on Sunday. I also ordered the TTL serial to usb cable which should be here Thursday (Thanks Amazon Prime). I figure while I have it out I will do the touchscreen in motion tweak (thats all I want at this point... plus the ability to just open it up for future tweaks).

Im still not 100% sure the whole center console comes out. Just by removing the glove box and passenger footwell panel I can see the back of the USB box and even the back of the CMU. I think with long screwdrivers I may be able to push the tans on the usb unit to get it out. I have some flexible fiberglass wire fishing tools to try as well.

Ill see how it goes and if need be, then I will go forward and remove all that other s#!t that makes a 45 minute job into hours. Ill keep you posted.

2016 CX5 GT.

For 2015.5 on-wards MAZDA CX-5 Genuine Car Play and Android Auto in their MZD/Mazda Connect Infotainment System.

This upgrade KIT is NOT For 1st Generation Mazda CX-5 with TomTom in Dash Navigation System.

Here again are the GENUINE Mazda Part Numbers for the required new parts..
1 x TK78-66-9U0C AUX Hub Unit.
1 x C9**-V6-605 USB Data Cable SET (2)...see READ-ME Warning.txt in Server in link.for your Part Numbers.

Plus New NA N 70.00.021B FIRMWARE.
or
Plus New EU N 70.00.021A FIRMWARE.
or
Plus New 4A N (ADR) 70.00.021A FIRMWARE....NA at the moment!

First,
MUST Install new Firmware FIRST (with Old Parts still installed).

Then you MUST Remove the Old AUX Hub and remove the Single USB Cable from old AUX Hub and up to the CMU Unit (under Display Screen).
To remove these Parts you need to remove Console, Gear Lever Surround, Gear Lever Knob, Rear Console, Side Wall Panels at front of console under dash, and the Trims around the Touch Screen and Centre Air Vents, you then need to unbolt the Screen to access the CMU under the Screen to change over the 2 NEW USB Cables, which runs down to Newly Install AUX Hub.

Once you have done this you can turn on ACC mode and CP/AA will boot up and Run.

I REPEAT....

YOU MUST Install new 70's FIRMWARE BEFORE you install the NEW Parts, those being new AUX Hub and 2 new USB Data Cables........ Your Old now Removed unused Parts MUST BE DISCARDED.

Be VERY CAREFUL IF you buy ANY of these Parts from China Sellers at the Taobao Website as ALL the modules they currently sell are
ALL OLD Stocks and are incompatible with the FIRST Official Release of 70's Mazda Firmware, You have been WARNED!
This has all been tested and failed months ago, so don't think you know more as no NEWS is New News.

.Pdf Installation Instructions of the 2 new USB Cables for all Mazda's can be found here in this link...
https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware

Mazda Parts Availability..

Been told Parts Arrive @ Mazda Australia in August for a Release in September.
Mazda Motors Europe has ALL parts available now from all Mazda Dealers in Europe and UK.
Mazda USA has parts and some Dealer you can buy from, but limited stocks are ONLY meant for 2018 GL Mazda 6, More USA Stocks in December.

Many owners will want their Mazda Dealer to supply and Fit CP/AA, it is about a 1.5 Hour job, a Dealer Install for Labor and Parts ??

BTW: I am ASH8 from Mazda 3 Rev, Miata, RX-8 Forums.

Last edited:
For 2015.5 on-wards MAZDA CX-5 Genuine Car Play and Android Auto in their MZD/Mazda Connect Infotainment System.

This upgrade KIT is NOT For 1st Generation Mazda CX-5 with TomTom in Dash Navigation System.

Here again are the GENUINE Mazda Part Numbers for the required new parts..

BTW: I am ASH8 from Mazda 3 Rev, Miata, RX-8 Forums.

Much thanks to you!

It is listed in the document for the CX-5 and CX-3- i am not sure what that list is you posted - this is the 2017/18 CX-5:

** Negative battery cable disconnection
** Lower decoration panel
** Upper decoration panel
** Driver-side decoration panel
** Meter hood No.1
** Center display
** Glove compartment
** Driver-side/passenger-side console side panel
** Switch panel
** Cup holder
** Console up
** Passenger-side side wall.

And although this is a simple install, there are many plugs to disconnect. Just unplugging the electronic parking brake with battery connected results in the brake being set. Remember not all the connections are carrying power - some are just signalling the CAN BUS, so if power still exists to some component and you disconnect signal wires.... who knows.

I was tempted to not disconnect the battery, but I did it just to be safe and the only thing lost was memory seat and MPG.

That's right!

I highly recommend people disconnect the negative before doing any work. It is the first step on some of the procedures listed above on the Mazda manuals.

There's also a couple of procedures that need to be done at the end when you reconnect the battery.

Here's the video: https://youtu.be/aoncFAELsDQ

I followed this on my 2016.5 Carplay install and it reinitialized the electronics.

I didn't mess up. Mazda NY didn't ship my parts when they said they did and UPS said Tuesday delivery so I took everything apart in anticipation of them actually being delivered and they never showed. Didn't come today either. Emailed the dealer and they claim they went out today but still see no updates via UPS so who the hell knows. Part 2 will come!
Feel like the guy messed up due to no part 2 video of the install.

I completed my install fairly quickly this morning on my 2016 CX5. I was able to remove the USB hub without going into the trouble of removing and messing with the electronic parking brake button, commander wheel and shifter. If your hands are my size or smaller, you may be able to reach in from the passenger footwell area once you have that panel off and glovebox out. I did remove one screw to allow the bottom portion of the center console to flex a bit. With enough lighting you can peek in there and see the tabs. It was a little challenging, but it is possible. Once its out again you can reach there to pull cable or do what I did and use a flexible wire fishing line which I already have from running cables in buildings (Im an IT Admin).

I posted more at the Mazda3revolution forums.

03206babb4accd4bb0fddc96133e5658.jpg

4d0ea97b70e51fac91df84417fb71f17.jpg

4a95f424949f6ccc5705cadf240a1349.jpg

I completed my install fairly quickly this morning on my 2016 CX5. I was able to remove the USB hub without going into the trouble of removing and messing with the electronic parking brake button, commander wheel and shifter. If your hands are my size or smaller, you may be able to reach in from the passenger footwell area once you have that panel off and glovebox out. I did remove one screw to allow the bottom portion of the center console to flex a bit. With enough lighting you can peek in there and see the tabs. It was a little challenging, but it is possible. Once it*s out again you can reach there to pull cable or do what I did and use a flexible wire fishing line which I already have from running cables in buildings (I*m an IT Admin).

I posted more at the Mazda3revolution forums.

So weird that they have so many individual foam pieces to wrap the cable vs. one solid piece.

Hey guys.

Just installed CarPlay in 2016.5 CX-5 Touring AWD w/ Bose package.

I was able to buy parts online and pick up in the NYC area. This dealer (Garden City Mazda) as of yesterday told me they have 56 kits in stock. Also, got both parts for $150 + taxes.

https://www.mazdanyparts.com/
https://www.gcmazda.com

I'm a tech guy but not a mechanic so having seen some pictures of ripping your dashboard out was scary to say the least. But CarPlay for me is important so I did the necessary research by downloading all the available documents, videos, etc. This is super important. There are no shortcuts.

As someone said, taking the dash out is like a Lego set. Mazda has really made it easy to do this. It took about an hour to remove all parts, about 45 minutes for routing cable (I found this the most challenging) and 15 minutes to put it all back. Everything just clicks into place. I was surprised at the amount of hollow plastic everywhere.

You can install the 70 version even if you do not plan to install the hardware. I did it for 3 days before installing the hardware with no issues at all.
Version 70 fixed a lot of issues and bugs I had in version 59.00.441 NA N. It is extremely smooth and lot faster / snappy.

A great THANK YOU to ASH8 and Modfreakz who put a whole lot of information together to make this a reality.

Here*s some pics:

For some reason can not upload pics.

Hey @riodigital, How long did MazdaNYparts take to ship the parts? I ordered the parts online and it's still in "Process" status.

Hey @riodigital, How long did MazdaNYparts take to ship the parts? I ordered the parts online and it's still in "Process" status.
You're looking at three business days from order date to get shipping confirmation. That was what it took for me and another person who got from them.

I ordered last Saturday night and I got a shipping confirmation yesterday at about 4:45pm eastern.

Finished installing everything about 2 hours ago and busted out a quick edit for part 2 of my installation video. Install was a great success! Definitely took a few minutes to figure out exactly how their implementation of Android Auto worked but I'm pretty happy with it. I really enjoy the control knob. Good luck with your own installs. https://youtu.be/lSrbGwlL13U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back