Need help with car stereo installation

But the bluetooth in their now comes through speakers doesn't really have to do with radio but your saying it will plug into to any radio or do I need a radio with a special for it to plug into?

The Mazda BT, is "independent" of the radio (any radio). And yes it will plug into any radio, using whatever adapter would have been supplied to plug into the factory audio harness. Adapters are available for all the major brands. Adapters have a plug on one end and loose wires on the other - those wires are connected to the loose wires on one end of the aftermarket unit's harness, the other end of which plugs into the aftermarket unit.
Note: Under no circumstances, let a shop cut the plug off your factory audio harness in order to wire an aftermarket unit. If they can't get an adapter, get a different shop.

So on your Kenwood you say the factor bluetooth works and if you use the Kenwood does it use the same Mic that's up above on the inside roof?

Yes, the mic being used is the factory mic in the headliner. But if I were to enable the Kenwood's built-in BT, it could not use that mic - the connections are different. The Kenwood's mic could probably be mounted there but it is not flat like the factory mic so it would look weird.

I remember my auto store saying something about if I got a BT stereo and wanted to use BT that the mic with it would go in the same spot as now but If I was to ever get new car and wanted stereo out and old one back in then I would put it back to the way it was before they put stereo in with the mic in their now back in.

True. If you trade / sell in a few years, you could swap it back. Though in a few years the tech may be better so it might not be worth the trouble to swap. Just include the original radio as part of the deal when you sell. See note above about the wiring harness though - if a shop cuts the factory harness, it will be more of a pain to reinstall the original.

I don't know sorry for all the questions I was just confused. I know a new stereo with bluetooth will work maybe better and I'll be able to sync contacts but since I had the factory put in and paid a bit extra I'd rather keep using it and get a non BT stereo and still be able to use the OEM that was put in.

That was the conclusion I made as well. I'm willing to give up a bit of BT functionality to get the override of any audio source when BT has something to say, specifically when I'm using my MotionX app. I travel a lot, so that is more important to me. YMMV.

Thanks for your reply!
Your welcome. Hope it helps.

Back