Need help, right side view mirror problems

Paul1986

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Hi everyone,

I hit my one-month new 2016 cx-5 touring on the wall. The right side mirror was hit badly. The holder still ok only with little loss of painting. And, the mirror can't be controlled using the adjust button. The connection part between mirror and holder should be broken. So, what should I do? buy a mirror only or replace the whole things including the holder? Anyone know the quote from dealer? Thanks in advance.

You might be better off getting a quote from a body shop. Maybe (it's a big maybe) the connection just disconnected for the controls. They may be able to fix the existing one instead of replacing it. If you trust a body shop near you I would try them.

Hi everyone,

I hit my one-month new 2016 cx-5 touring on the wall. The right side mirror was hit badly. The holder still ok only with little loss of painting. And, the mirror can't be controlled using the adjust button. The connection part between mirror and holder should be broken. So, what should I do? buy a mirror only or replace the whole things including the holder? Anyone know the quote from dealer? Thanks in advance.

Hard to tell without any pictures, but it could be that just the MIRROR LENS assembly just needs to be popped/snapped back into the controlling linkage.

I have not seen the CX5 mirror insides yet, but typically a BALL/SOCKET connection is what connects the mirror lens to the motor. Most times you just need to pop the ball and socket back together.

You might be better off getting a quote from a body shop. Maybe (it's a big maybe) the connection just disconnected for the controls. They may be able to fix the existing one instead of replacing it. If you trust a body shop near you I would try them.

Thanks, I just got the quote from dealer. They tried to put my present mirror in but failed. They give me two choices. 1. replacing a new mirror for around $200, but may not work. 2. Changing the whole thing, totally more than $600. Too expensive. I should go a body shop to recheck.

Hard to tell without any pictures, but it could be that just the MIRROR LENS assembly just needs to be popped/snapped back into the controlling linkage.

I have not seen the CX5 mirror insides yet, but typically a BALL/SOCKET connection is what connects the mirror lens to the motor. Most times you just need to pop the ball and socket back together.

Thanks,

I tried to put it back. but failed. I saw the connection part on the mirror was broken. So, I may need a new mirror at the least.

You probably damaged the internal mechanisms of the mirror in addition to the connection. From the sounds of it, you need a new mirror assembly. I would just order a mirror and put it in myself and see if it works, if not, you needed a new mirror anyway.

Back