My 1st exterior modification

agree and i do it all for the same reason!

awmenard - no tech package - i have a base manual with the convenience pkg as the screen and bluetooth is a must for me

installed the HIDs in 10 mins this afternoon - no weird wiring harnesses - no playing with the battery. pretty much plug n play

these are 10000K temp - hard to capture with a camera
you can see the LED DRL in the last shot - i will be upgrading that to something brighter

7169179306_6e01572691.jpg

7169179386_68a4dc49ab.jpg

7169179504_8d5781d711.jpg

Looking good CraM... I'm looking to upgrade to HID's as well.

I guess if I look at the interior lighting post I should find what model you ordered right?

the headlight bulb for the NON XENON cars is the H11.
the DRL is a 9005 (also called an HB3).

The kit connects the factory harness into the kit ballast, then an igniter(i believe) then into the new bulbs that directly replace the stock bulbs.
a couple zip ties to mount the ballasts up and out of the way.
the CX5 has lots of engine compartment space and the rubber guard on each side can be pulled back to stash all the goodies behind it.

working on the drivers side headlight was a little tighter than the passenger.

best 10mins and 80$ i've spent in a long time

Ok so this was a quick 5 min job before washing the car yesterday.

Wanted to give the CX5 a cleaner look in the back, so I decided to debadge it. Very simple i can comfirm the all signs in the rear a clued on.

Did not remove the Mazda logo, will do this soon when im ready to paint it(probably black).

Here is a before and after pic.

Before
dsc02850tp.jpg

After
dsc02870uh.jpg

Why as why? Why not (besides resale value). Does look clean.

that would affect resale value?

i would assume most ppl save those badges to put them back on when it comes time to sell or return a lease.

my old leased WRX was de badged - they never even noticed when i returned it.
i kept the badges in case but they never said anything

maybe i'll put the WRX logo on the CX5 and really confuse ppl. (braindead

that would affect resale value?

i would assume most ppl save those badges to put them back on when it comes time to sell or return a lease.

my old leased WRX was de badged - they never even noticed when i returned it.
i kept the badges in case but they never said anything

maybe i'll put the WRX logo on the CX5 and really confuse ppl. (braindead

Fair assumption, (if they actually keep badges). Lease returns is another topic.

Speaking of assumptions, many enthusiasts tend to think debadged cars are base model, lower line, smaller engine models.

Yep, put a TURBO badge on your CX-5, good for extra horsepower.

Fair assumption, (if they actually keep badges). Lease returns is another topic.

Speaking of assumptions, many enthusiasts tend to think debadged cars are base model, lower line, smaller engine models.

Yep, put a TURBO badge on your CX-5, good for extra horsepower.

LOL! turbo badges ALWAYS make the car go faster!

I agree, most of the time, about the badging - i see a crapload of 328 BMWs out there with their badges taken off trying to trick ppl into thinking it's a 335 or whatever.
Have also seen 328s with M3 badges.
oh, and a honda civic with M3 side badging:
6120859913_4b70b4b660.jpg

that all being said i took off the factory badges and put two sponsor stickers on there - so i'm really nowhere ahead!

here's mine - excuse the grime - it rained here yesterday
i think i'll put the CX5 and skyactive badge on my neighbors RAV4 and see how long it takes him to notice.

7173212752_b838e7a4a1.jpg

an aside - this is the first car i've had that had it's own name already.
everyone meet Bnny - gooney goo goo

LOL! turbo badges ALWAYS make the car go faster!

I agree, most of the time, about the badging - i see a crapload of 328 BMWs out there with their badges taken off trying to trick ppl into thinking it's a 335 or whatever.
Have also seen 328s with M3 badges.
oh, and a honda civic with M3 side badging:
6120859913_4b70b4b660.jpg

Yes, I've seen all kinds of bad "custom" badging.

So after the badges are off, what is the best way to get rid of the sticky residue left on? Did you guys use a heat source to help remove everything?

Not for me, it almost all came off with the badge, just rolled my finger on the residue to remove what was left.

ditto - no made up marketing names on how mazda is saving the environment on my vehicle pls...
love the car tho!

it's that really thick adhesive - i took some fishing line and pulled them all off in about 5 seconds.
peeled the adhesive off and took some lighter fluid to it so it was perfect.

Joined the club! Ill get pictures when its all nice and shiny. I used a plastic pryer tool and one of those plastic floss/toothpick thingys. For the thick adhesive residue, I just brought it to a local car wash and detail place. $10 came off in 5 mins. It looks great debadged.

Hey guys. Just picked my cx-5 up. I see how you guys debadged it and you said all badges are adhesive but both left the Mazda emblem on. Is the M held on with adhesive or clips?

IMHO, looks great and have debadged almost all my cars from Hondas to BMWs. If you want to debadge, just plan on doing it as soon as possible after taking delivery since you don't want the sticky tape to harden up over time which would make it more difficult to remove. Also, the sooner you remove it, the less likely there will be any noticeable fading from the surrounding area. I also wax the area underneath the badges right after they are removed.

For those more adventureous, you can make the "Evil M" badge seen here:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123790280-How-to-Make-Flying-evil-M-with-trunk-emblem

Did my debadge within days of picking up the car. Debade doesn't work for every car, but for the CX-5 (especially in black mica) it looks very clean. Of course I swapped the license plate frame for a full black one as well.

attachment.php

PhotoGrid_1357848957682-1.jpg

Back