MSP Production Numbers

Final Mileage: Sold at 247,150 miles. (Replaced with Subaru WRX). Engine still good (including, miraculously, the AC) but the frame was shot. Rear axle was bolted onto... really nothing. Mechanic said it was dangerous to drive.... axle could literally fall off at the slightest bump in the road, and the frame would collapse in a rear ender. I got under car to check myself and got out of there quickly as I wasn't sure if it would fall on me. Repair shop said they'd have to drop the axle, gas tank, muffler, then find plates to weld on, and replace it all... $4500 wasn't worth it and was more than value of 13 year old car. so i said goodbye.... couldn't even make it to the quarter million mile mark. (That's what i get for living in an area that uses excessive amounts of salt on the roads in the winter!)

Final Mileage: Sold at 247,150 miles. (Replaced with Subaru WRX). Engine still good (including, miraculously, the AC) but the frame was shot. Rear axle was bolted onto... really nothing. Mechanic said it was dangerous to drive.... axle could literally fall off at the slightest bump in the road, and the frame would collapse in a rear ender. I got under car to check myself and got out of there quickly as I wasn't sure if it would fall on me. Repair shop said they'd have to drop the axle, gas tank, muffler, then find plates to weld on, and replace it all... $4500 wasn't worth it and was more than value of 13 year old car. so i said goodbye.... couldn't even make it to the quarter million mile mark. (That's what i get for living in an area that uses excessive amounts of salt on the roads in the winter!)

I woulda carefully put 3K on it just for posterity.

Anyone still around in here? I'm trying to find my production number and these links no longer work.

2003.5 Mica Yellow #972

Attachments

• D MSP1.jpg
    D MSP1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 146
  • D MSP2.jpg
    D MSP2.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 144
Back