MSP loud screech squeal at start up and when Reving..?

Vangpride

:
03 P5 - Midnight Blue
I got a pic of a MSP motor from google and squared what i'm talking about. Whats it called and is it hard to replace..?
Also Car sounds fine at Idle.

Update!!!!!
The noise went away. Maybe because I havent driven it awhile. Thing is i have this other problem.. when driving and clutching down to slow down or to turn the rpm drops and car almost bogs out.. air flow? my turbo? Iac? Mass Air flow sensor? O2 sensor? Sorry just throwing out possibilities. Thanks for all the help!! &

Last edited:
Does it make a nosie when you are turning? if not it might just need a new drive belt 20 bucks and take's like 10min not even to put it on if your handy. try to lossen the belt and tighten it back up 9/10 times it works if sound comes back get a belt. dont get cheap belts trust me dayco polly belt is the ******* sht $23 or something under 30 bucks.

Last edited:
Alright awesome I'm going to try that out. Thanks, if the problem persist ill update this again. Thanks

Is it possible for something else to make that sound besides the belt..? I've tighten the belts abit yet it persist. The belts look fairly new.

did you crack the nut losse first to release all that tension? the nut facing driver side like going in should be taken off first then that long bolt. did you check the other belt below that belt? spary some wd-40 on the pullys 1 at a time while car is running you should atleast be hearing that belt a lil bit at idle with the hood open of course when you spray them and nosie goes away that should ID your issue or that belt if its bad shape.

Yes i did. As i did further inspection with my brother and a buddy. We all think it may be the bearings in the PS pump. The noise is coming exactly from the PS pump. Things is the Pulley on the PS Pump is also moving..its not much movement but you can see it wobble around a tiny bit like its loose. I know that's a bad thing...Why the hell are our PS Pump over 120$+ Makes no sense for such a small thing with a pulley on it. A guy i called at car quest for a quote just laughed and said that's by far the most expensive PS Pump i have ever seen.....

like an alternator where you can buy just the pully itself but if the pullys bad on your power steering pump the bearing is most likely just as bad. i dont ever buy anything from autozone but its listed for 331.99 or junkyard if they even have a protege. my personal opion i always buy OEM part or aftermarket performence depending on what it is and what mods you got going on at the time. good luck not joking about junk yard protege's a very rare especially a MSP

like an alternator where you can buy just the pully itself but if the pullys bad on your power steering pump the bearing is most likely just as bad. i dont ever buy anything from autozone but its listed for 331.99 or junkyard if they even have a protege. my personal opion i always buy OEM part or aftermarket performence depending on what it is and what mods you got going on at the time. good luck not joking about junk yard protege's a very rare especially a MSP

Kinda messed up but my Protege5 in the sig i have there was totaled by my older brother cause of a Derp DEER. Im going to get that PSP from it. Only at 85,xxx When totaled. Call the place about it they say the'll let me have it for 40$. Thats fine with me. :)

Is your MAF relocated or your BOV vented to atmosphere? It is likely a boost/vacuum leak if your MAF is relocated.

No same area. As stock. Maybe clean my maf sensor? Idk whats causing that bogging out.... Stressed

Every time I pushed the clutch in it would drop in rpm and almost die... As a matter of fact it did die a couple times, I would have to bump the gas sometimes with the clutch suppressed...

Wow...that's exactly what i have to do. Thing is i get no boost..either...WGA causing that.?
Yes, it's not holding the boost like its suppose to its letting it leak out causing you to not hold boost... Are you getting a code saying you have a vaccum leak... Or are you not getting any boost at all?
Also look into cleaning the egr valve, see if it not all gummed up...

If your MAF is in the stock location and your BPV or BOV is not recirculated the car will bog down when you press the clutch on deceleration. Otherwise it is a vacuum leak which can be caused by a failed WG diaphragm but that is only likely if you are using a factory MSP WGA.

If your MAF is in the stock location and your BPV or BOV is not recirculated the car will bog down when you press the clutch on deceleration. Otherwise it is a vacuum leak which can be caused by a failed WG diaphragm but that is only likely if you are using a factory MSP WGA.

This WGA is not factory and idk if its a bad WGA or not. I'm trying to double check for boost leaks but everything is clamped down tight. The BPV is brand new so i don't think it sthat and its in the location its suupose to be. IDK im just in a pickle and abit frustrated haha.

Yes, it's not holding the boost like its suppose to its letting it leak out causing you to not hold boost... Are you getting a code saying you have a vaccum leak... Or are you not getting any boost at all?
Also look into cleaning the egr valve, see if it not all gummed up...

I'm not getting any codes at all. no check engine light whats so ever. So i'm just super clueless..The EGR valve is brand new. Car was not doing this before when i install a new turbo i bought from a user..He claims turbo and wga only had over 1500 miles put on them..but could be wrong..

Is older turbo blown or what? I know this sounds like a lot of work but if it were me, I'd put everything back on the car when it wasnt having issues... Then slowly put on newer parts one by one and see what's causing it... Idk maybe hornsfan10609 can shed some more light

Back