Motor mount review between the differant brand on the market

Hello,

I would like get you review, about the differant motor mount alaible on the market

I woulike know whitch one is the best for daily driver car

AWR

SLSPerformance

Medieval

street unit

Insert

May forget some brand if yes feel free to add the brand and you comment on it

Thank

Seb

RR, Corksport or AWR inserts. IMO, ON A DAILY DRIVER, anything else is just unnecessary vibration & expense.

have had the SLS for about 4-5 months now the new updated passenger side..no problems

I have the AWR Rear = best (IMO)
SLS Front and Passenger Side = issues
and SU Driver Side = awesome

Wish i got the AWR Front Instead of the SLS
Wish I could afford a SU Passenger Side Cuz My First SLS has been through one cracked braket and the bushing is now torn.. (waiting to install my second one)
Even my front SLS mount is showing signs of breakage in the bushings (needs replacement soon) and i will be getting the AWR

guess its expected when your torquing around 19" rims and a light weight flywheel

guess its expected when your torquing around 19" rims and a light weight flywheel
Nope, expect more. Got a 400,000 mile truck with original motor mounts with manual tranny, oversize tires & lots of clutch dumping off road craziness & they're still hangin. Aftermarket mounts should be improvement over oem or what's the point? Cracking mounts on these cars is unacceptable nonsense if not full on race car getting thrashed every weekend. Even worse if it's a daily driver automatic.

I agree, I have never heard of having to replace motor mounts so often on a daily driver. This is pretty rediculous.

And why can't anyone just make one out of some softer rubber? Screw the poly, it is way too harsh.

Wait a couple of months until AWR releases the passenger side mount and then just get all four mounts from them in the 70 durometer. Sure, it'll rattle and vibrate for a but but once they break in everything will be great.

I had AWR front only, shook a lot.
Then AWR front & Rear, shook more.
Then SLS front only, shook a lot.

I'm back to stock now, but I think my exhaust is hitting a heat shield when the motor rocks...

Do you really think having the sides as well will resolve the harsh vibrations? If anything, I would assume it would make things even worse.

How long were the AWRs in and what durometer did you have? It's advantageous to have all the mounts/inserts so you won't destroy the others. Vibrations will transmit through the weakest point so in essence, by only upgrading the front and rear you're actually putting more stress on the sides.

In my case all my mounts are torn..not sure about the rear yet though. So as I added my AWR front MM, the vibrations decreased. Then I added a SLS side MM and it decreased vibrations again. Now its very tolerable inside the cabin with the A/C off. When I turn it on it starts to vibrate alot more but it doesnt really bug me too much.

Next Im going to replace the tranny side mount with an insert probably.

I went back with my RR inserts up front & AWR inserts on both sides. Vibes are hardly any different than oem. Haven't gotten to the AWR inserts for the rr yet. No visible badness back there yet.

I went back with my RR inserts up front & AWR inserts on both sides. Vibes are hardly any different than oem. Haven't gotten to the AWR inserts for the rr yet. No visible badness back there yet.

I have this setup exactly. I did the RR front first, and I got a fair amount of vibes with just that mount done. When I added the AWR to the sides, the vibes all but disappeared. In my opinion, do the inserts...they're cheaper, have less vibes, and are just as durable as whole new mounts.

I'll be able to tell you how well AWR front and rear and SU passenger side is here in a few days if the installs go according to plan :::crosses fingers::::

if you care about vibrations, just leave it stock. i've had awr mounts w/side inserts and they vibrate like hell. i have corksport inserts w/awr side inserts right now and they are a good compromise. they still have a little vibration though.

performancewise the awrs were awesome. no wheel hop, tighter shifting. just the vibrations were ridiculous for a daily driver

Corksport inserts = blue, RR = red. Other than that pretty much the same from my experience.

I have to replace 3 of the 4 mounts and i want to know what would be best way to go by getting new ones(money wise), stock or an aftermarket set?

Aftermarket. The dealership charges I believe more than aftermarket and the aftermarket ones are a million times better. Get the softest ones and give them a week to break in and you'll have a much stiffer engine for lack of better words and something that won't rip like the POS OEM ones.

EDIT: if you are going to buy all three mounts, buy them off protege garage. They have a bundle with all three I believe for a great price. If you have time to wait, you can scour the forums cause usually someone is selling a mount.

I just can't accept an aftermarket mount for rear. I have SU in the front, ok I guess. Rear mount transfer most vib into the cabin.

Josh

Back