More affordable way to add parking sensors? 2022 Mazda3

I recently bought a mazda 3 preferred sedan 2022. It does not have rear and front parking sensors. The cost from mazda dealer including labor is around 1500$.
I am wondering if there is any alternative way for parking sensors. 1500$ is bit too much .
Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

I recently bought a mazda 3 preferred sedan 2022. It does not have rear and front parking sensors. The cost from mazda dealer including labor is around 1500$.
I am wondering if there is any alternative way for parking sensors. 1500$ is bit too much .

Contact your local independent shops to see if they offer aftermarket parking sensors. There are some "tuner" shops that also offer services like tuning or part installations. If you have a local shop like that, I'd start there.

Upvote 0
What's the point of a rear sensor when you have mirrors and a camera? And for the front, simply hang a tennis ball from your garage so that when you're where you need to be, it touches your windshield.

Upvote 0
What's the point of a rear sensor when you have mirrors and a camera? And for the front, simply hang a tennis ball from your garage so that when you're where you need to be, it touches your windshield.
I would agree mostly on your comment. Rear sensor is no need. Wife is new driver and she is always doubtful when parking front. Hope she will learn with experience and we can save money 😁.
I do not want that tennis ball thing in my garage .

Upvote 0
Tennis ball is great trick.

Most of the time I back into parking spaces so can pull out when leave. However there are times when that is not feasible.

When you have some idiot run behind your car as you are backing out, the extra layer of security the rear beeping sensors provide is PRICELESS.

Upvote 0
I bought colored matched ones for my relatives car for only $40 and drilled holes in bumper to install and ran wires. Just bought CX5 last year and haven't had time to do my own CX5 yet.

Don't use the dealer, either DIY or buy a set off Amazon and have your local mechanic or an independent shop install. Should be way less. I'm guessing a few hundred for a local shop to install them versus thousands at dealer.

Upvote 0
Back