Mazda5: Prices paid and related questions

I think these are factory to dealer incentives...they don't have to advertise it...in fact, many dealers "choose" to hold onto these incentives :(

I'm about to purchase a Touring with factory installed auto-dimming mirror/homelink, cargo cover, cargo net, rear bumper plate, wheel locks plus dealer installed remote start (including labor) for $20,715 OTD. I don't have a trade.

Is this a bad deal? I think I could go a bit lower, but there wasn't another 5 anywhere near me that had a mirror/homelink factory installed. I did find a car that had remote start factory installed, but its almost 2 hours away and not convenient to get to with a newborn and 2.5 year old.

my final quote on a 5 GT with 5 speed and luxury package, cash pricing was $26100 with 1650 off msrp and $2618 off bottom line. (when I aqsked about $3000 off incentive, there was no response......) When I spoke about Car cost canada pricing....he said he would have to add about $400 to the price and I would have to pay CCC $50 for the service (smash) Go Figure!

Ok cash sale incentive is 3K...can not be combined with the 750 stackable which you would see on a CCC quote. Your discount is confusing...did your OTR price only be a discount of 2618 after taxes? if so they made a bundle.

I'm officially part of the Mazda community. Took delivery of a silver Touring for $20,600 USD. I probably could have squeezed out a couple hundred more dollars, but I suck at negotiations.

2007 Touring, blue
5 speed manual
9,000 miles
$15,000

out the door price $17,200 (tax title etc)

PJ's Auto, Burlington VT, was used as dealer shuttle for customers
picked it up one month ago. Still under warranty as so few miles
Was just happy to find a Touring 5 speed as wanted the sunroof
other features, disc changer, siruis radio just came as a bonus
It was very hard to find any 5 speed, manuals, in Vermont so
didn't negotiate price.

Last edited:
Year: 2007, bought in 08
Trim: Touring
Tranny: Auto
Any extra accessories: Thule roof rack, MS3 RSB, MS3 Springs, Tint
Sale Tax Rate: %6
Price you paid for your Mazda5(including tax, title, fees) 15,500 OTD

Hi all, first post. Looking into buying a new 2009 GS in Ontario. I saw in a previous post the ccc base invoice was $19,874. Does that include GST/PST? I recently went to a dealer and was offered $24,800 CAD out the door (all charges/taxes included) + free remote starter. How does that deal sound?

Hi all, first post. Looking into buying a new 2009 GS in Ontario. I saw in a previous post the ccc base invoice was $19,874. Does that include GST/PST? I recently went to a dealer and was offered $24,800 CAD out the door (all charges/taxes included) + free remote starter. How does that deal sound?

That sounds high to me...I purchased a GT with leather and several accessories for 25,800 OTD including Saskatchewan taxes (10%). Considering that the GT and leather add at least 2-3K on the price, I think you could do better. HOWEVER, I paid cash and there was $3000 factory to dealer incentive -- which I think is still on. Dealers can try to pocket this incentive if they wish as it is unadvertised and they do not have to give you the incentive.

Last edited:
That sounds high to me...I purchased a GT with leather and several accessories for 25,800 OTD including Saskatchewan taxes (10%). Considering that the GT and leather add at least 2-3K on the price, I think you could do better. HOWEVER, I paid cash and there was $3000 factory to dealer incentive -- which I think is still on. Dealers can try to pocket this incentive if they wish as it is unadvertised and they do not have to give you the incentive.

The way the salesman broke down the price was as follows:
$21,695 MSRP GS auto transmission
1,295 A/C w/auto climate control
1,500 freight
3,416 taxes
------------
$27,816

Compared to the $24,800 OTD cash he was offering, it looks like he came down by $3,000. Should I expect a little more wiggle room based on this? If CCC states $19,874 as the base invoice for the GS , I guess I should be able to squeeze up to another $2,000 off?

Year: 2009
Trim: Touring
Tranny: Auto
Any extra accessories: cargo net, wheel locks, rear step plate
Sale Tax Rate: 0%
Price you paid for your Mazda5: (including tax, title, fees) MSRP $21730, OTD for $19359, inc. all fees.

Sunlight Silver, I take delivery this Friday. Really nice change from 20 years of short-wheelbase Chrysler minivans (which were all fine and worked very well for me, they just got too big and expensive over time). This new 5 reminds me of my long-ago days as a driver of Saabs (before THEY got too big and too expensive!). Plenty Zoom-Zoom enough for me! My Saabs never had ESC either, and I always managed to keep them all upright through many NE winters. People have forgotten how to drive.

Delighted to be part of this community. Do you guys flash your lights at one another like we used to do in the old Saab days?

The way the salesman broke down the price was as follows:
$21,695 MSRP GS auto transmission
1,295 A/C w/auto climate control
1,500 freight
3,416 taxes
------------
$27,816

Compared to the $24,800 OTD cash he was offering, it looks like he came down by $3,000. Should I expect a little more wiggle room based on this? If CCC states $19,874 as the base invoice for the GS , I guess I should be able to squeeze up to another $2,000 off?

You can probably start off invoice - $3,000 cash incentive + 3% + taxes = $23,112 OTD.

2009, bought in late May
Northern VA (Alexandria)
Grand Touring (automatic trans)
Came with every option except Navigation
Sales tax: 3.2%
Price paid: $22,100 out the door

Hello all, nice place ya got here! :) I'm shopping a 2006 Mazda 5 Sport, 5 spd. Has 42K on the clock and the dealership is asking $11,900. I'm hoping to get it down to between 10 and 11. What say you on this price? (I have not been able to do much comparison shopping). Planning to go look at it today - it does have the roof rack/rails that attach to the drip rails - are those removable?

Hello all, nice place ya got here! :) I'm shopping a 2006 Mazda 5 Sport, 5 spd. Has 42K on the clock and the dealership is asking $11,900. I'm hoping to get it down to between 10 and 11. What say you on this price? (I have not been able to do much comparison shopping). Planning to go look at it today - it does have the roof rack/rails that attach to the drip rails - are those removable?

It seems kindda high for a three year old car, out of warranty, and for 5K more you could pick up as a new 2009.

The roof rack is removable.

The roof rack looks sweet on these though...

IMG_3647.jpg

KBB put it at 11,300 for excellent retail. We'll see how flexible Mr. Dealer is today when I pay him a visit. All the new ones in this area are $21K+ MSRP. If I can get him to $10 or 10.5 I think I may buy it. Even with Mazda's financing the payment on a new one would be almost double the used model (from the number crunching I did today)

Well. Took a test drive today and was unimpressed. I like the vehicle but this particular one was, shall we say, over-used. Brakes were completely coated with rust, interior was dirty, and I realized that base model = stripper. Gonna pass for now, I think, and look at something newer down the line.

Back