Mazda Mobil start VS Viper smart start?

This gets confusing (stooges)

So with systems like the CompuStar or the factory MMS, ALL of them require splicing of wires, removing interior trim, etc., correct?

This gets confusing (stooges)

So with systems like the CompuStar or the factory MMS, ALL of them require splicing of wires, removing interior trim, etc., correct?

I'm not sure how the new MMS is installed. More than likely it is plug and play but might need some sort of dealer programming to activate.

There are no aftermarket plug and play solutions. So no matter what remote start you decide on, you will need a data interface module like the Fortin piece which splices into factory wiring.

I'm going to be connecting a local shop that does remote starts this week to inquire more about this Fortin module. Hopefully they can get there hands on it and get it in my car.

I'm going to be connecting a local shop that does remote starts this week to inquire more about this Fortin module. Hopefully they can get there hands on it and get it in my car.

You can grab the module of off Amazon for around $50. The flashlink USB updater goes for around $40 if the shop doesn't already have one. Although it would probably be better to find a shop that is already familiar with the product.

What about AVITAL ONE?

I can get it installed for around $250

Are they reliable?

Avital is a brand made by Directed. (Same manufacturer that makes Viper, Python, Clifford, Automate, etc) And really the only difference between all those brands nowadays is the style of the remote and the warranty. The brain modules are the same. They are generally a solid product. Not as good as they used to be, but I've trusted their lines on numerous cars I've owned without any issues.

The old adage is that the quality of the Alarm/Remote start is mostly left up to the quality of the install and installer.

So, with something like the fortin Evo-all will the keyless entry or keyfob still work to unlock the doors?

I have the Mazda MS and it's the best option. No extra remotes and is OEM warrantied. Takes under 30 seconds with a smart phone and a good signal.

So, with something like the fortin Evo-all will the keyless entry or keyfob still work to unlock the doors?

The evo-all allows the FOBs to still operate while the car is remotely started. (and the door request switch as well)

The evo-all allows the FOBs to still operate while the car is remotely started. (and the door request switch as well)

You're 100% positive of this? If that's the case I need to get the fortin evo and soon!

Hello All:

Ultimately, I researched the Compustar systems and brought the vehicle to a local Compustar dealer for installation. Compustar DOES have a solution for the 2016 CX-5.
I also had the "EZ-Go" installed, which is a very small module you carry (attached to the key ring) and it unlocks the vehicle when you approach it (and relocks when you walk away).

It would be great if you could give the model # of the system you installed. Also, the small unit you carry ; is it part of the package or is it a separate add-on? In which case can you also provide the details.

Thru fortin.ca I tried and called up at least 10 different folks they list and NONE anymore carry their product. Across the board their response was consumers don't want it since they hardly heard the name and few said after about an year's usage they gave so much trouble we discontinued. How much of all this is true but here in NY/NJ it seems its really tough to get a shop who carries fortin products.

It would be great if you could give the model # of the system you installed. Also, the small unit you carry ; is it part of the package or is it a separate add-on? In which case can you also provide the details.

The system I installed is the Compustar Pro G7. There are a few security + remote start options from Compustar ( I chose security plus remote start, you could choose remote start only). Check compustar.com under the Products tab for options. The small unit I carry is an option, at extra cost, and is the Compustar EZGo. Its a very small (maybe 1" x 1") fob that attaches to the keychain via an elastic string. This allows the vehicle to unlock upon approach. Necessary; no, but I like gadgets :) .

Thank you Andy. This information was very helpful. BestBuy offers remote start installation service and they are cheaper than others in my area. Wondering if I should go for it and they use Compustar.

Anyone have issues with mazda mobile start working on their phone? Dealer wants to keep my car AND phone for a day to troubleshoot

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you Andy. This information was very helpful. BestBuy offers remote start installation service and they are cheaper than others in my area. Wondering if I should go for it and they use Compustar.
What part of NJ are you in? I had a really great shop in Parsippany do the work for me. If you aren't to far, I'm happy to share their info with you.

Latest posts

Back