Mazda CX-5 (and other models) Oil Consumption TSB (WTF)

Man if I hear some members that can do the vavle seal replacements for the oil consumption w/o lights/codes I would jump on it since I don’t drive that much but yet again I would wait till the fire dies down since they are probably just starting to be trained on even how to handle this situation let alone on how to replace the valve seals lol

Just had the job done last week on my '21 CX-5 2.5T. Reported oil consumption to them last fall (had the light come on several times), but stupid me I cleared the DTC after topping up, so they didn't see any code and said "all cars use up oil". Yeah, but almost a liter every 5k? Light came back on a few weeks ago, also around 5k since last time; this time they saw the code and did the TSB repair. 2 days in the shop.
FYI, this class action is only for USA VINs it seems - not us Canucks.

This valve stem seal replacement job on the 2.5T isn’t easy even with the special tools designed to eliminate head removal. You can go through the repair steps in the TSB and see how complicated the job is. The TSB also stated that:

“This repair can only be performed by Senior and Master Technicians.”

which also indicates the level of difficulty for the job.

Although I also hate to let a dealer perform such job to my engine. But if I had a 2021 2.5T I won’t hesitate to have this job done right now, as for one I have no choice but to let the Mazda dealer replace these inferior exhaust valve stem seals which for sure will fail in the future. Secondly those Master Tech at Mazda dealers should have enough experience now for this job and chances of screwing things up should be minimum.
wish I would have read this. Took mine in last Wed June 5th, got it the 13th. Gas smell in cabin was strong during idling. Returned it today 14th. Attendant said it's like heart surgery.
I hope a Master Tech is working on it Monday 17th.

Update to all with this issue, see below attachments for direct communication from Mazda to dealers and repair procedures straight from the horses mouth. Print out and present to dealer while smirking and telling them to get busy.

Attachments

• MC-11000959-0001(1).pdf
    559.2 KB · Views: 14
  • MC-11000961-0001.pdf
    706.7 KB · Views: 12
Back