Mazda Connect Charges

I see now after 3 years they want to charge for the Mazda Connect App. At a crazy price no less! Is there something after market that will do about the same thing, at least remote start?

There's at least a couple of aftermarket brands of remote start. I added the Fortin models to my 2019 CX-5 and 2023 CX-50. More info from the forum (etc):

I just purchased my CX-5 in April. Shouldn't I get at least a year's worth of Connect?

You should get 3 years from when you purchased it.
I should have mentioned I purchased a used one, but the sales people said I would not be charged for a while. If the new cars get 3 years, I will try to get them to agree to that. No idea what I'll say, but it's worth a shot. Thanks.

I just had an idea, but not sure it would work.

I would primarily want Connect for the remote start feature in winter. I could install another remote starter, but that would cost upwards of $300 (if I had it installed, which I probably would prefer to do). That would pay for 30 months at $10/month of Connect. And I would not be able to, say, start my car from inside the mall.

Could I just pay for Connect Services from December to March, and then cancel every year?

So what $ are we talking about being charged? Per month, per year???

We dont have Connected Services available on CX5 here yet - I am told it will be a software update in the new year and will be free for duration of the warranty.

But. No mention on Mazda website of the cost after that expires. And, no mention of remote start, but the feature that interested me is ability to track the vehicle if its gets stolen.

I just had an idea, but not sure it would work.

Could I just pay for Connect Services from December to March, and then cancel every year?
Just get a Fob based remote that works with Drone Mobile if that is what you want. Base subscription which allows cellular remote start is $180...

for 5 years.

Just get a Fob based remote that works with Drone Mobile if that is what you want. Base subscription which allows cellular remote start is $180...

for 5 years.
Unless I'm missing something, I would still have to install new hardware with that for $250 to $400. I would just get a regular remote starter instead, and not have to think about subscription fees.

But IF you wanted cellular i think Drone is the way to go.
Thinking about putting it on my Volvo. Our subscription is $200/year. Pay for itself before my loan is paid off.

Back