Mazda 3 real close to 400WHP

Just to let you know about our progress with the Big Boost kit on the Mazda 3. I just dynoed the car after installing 96 lbs/hr injectors and the Gt35R with tial 38 mm wastegate.

The motor made 393.5 WHP at 14 psi on pump gas. It is amazing how this motor makes power with every mod.

I have to make a larger pipe for the MAF sensor as I am hitting the max out of sensor throwing the ECU into limp mode. I am doing that this afternoon and puting some 100 octane.

The engine is stock with just the pauters and Wiseco 8.5 to 1 CR pistons. Everything else is left just as the basic kit.

No work on the head yet.

I will post the dyno results and a video if I can take it later.

i'm guessing that a dyno run isn't as harsh to the tranny as dragging it, therefore, the tranny strength really hasnt been testted

awsome juan. btw is ur brothe going to the track 2night? good luck to him if he does

cheapmiata1600 said:
Your definition of a stock engine is GREATLY different than my own.

Cool to hear it makes wicked power though.

For me it's mostly stock. In a good way! No cams, p'n'p... Just 4 injectors, forged rods and pistons.

JUAN IS THE MAN!!!! (thumb) (thumb) (thumb) (thumb) (thumb)

Wanted to see 500 WHP mazdas? HiBoost Mazda3 496 WHP at 20 Psi of boost

Well, we managed to make a 3.5 inch MAF sensor housing and were able to boost 20 psi.

496 WHP out of the engine at 20 psi of boost:) :) :) (dance) (drive2)

We made at least 15 runs and all runs were right between 492 and 496 WHP.
I am very worried about the transmission, but will be at the track on saturday.

Last edited:
HiBoost TS said:
Well, we managed to make a 3.5 inch MAF sensor housing and were able to boost 20 psi.

496 WHP out of the engine at 20 psi of boost:) :) :) (dance) (drive2)

We made at least 15 runs and all runs were right between 492 and 496 WHP.
I am very worried about the transmission, but will be at the track on saturday.

Wow thats crazy.
I'd be worried about the tranny with that much WHP.

How much torque did it make.

Herb

Back