Guide Mazda 2.0 & 2.5L Valve Cover & Oil Control Valve Gasket replacement

Thanks @felixd ! My M3 has exactly that leak and on the back right side: You may have just saved me $400 or so from the stealership. The valve cover gasket still seems expensive, one thing I miss from my old Saturn was the gasket was just plain RTV compound. Is that what you're using as "liquid gasket" in the video?

Thanks @felixd ! My M3 has exactly that leak and on the back right side: You may have just saved me $400 or so from the stealership. The valve cover gasket still seems expensive, one thing I miss from my old Saturn was the gasket was just plain RTV compound. Is that what you're using as "liquid gasket" in the video?
From Mazda CX-5 Factory Workshop Manual, the liquid gasket felixd mentioned in the video is the silicone sealant said in the manual which needs to be applied at several locations in addition to valve cover gasket. Any silicon RTV suitable for high temperature should be fine.

Mazda CX-5 Cylinder Head Cover Installation Note_01.jpg

Mazda CX-5 Cylinder Head Cover Installation Note_02.jpg

Mazda CX-5 Cylinder Head Cover Installation Note_03.jpg

I use high temp RTV.

I have heard other users in this repair having found out it was the OCV itself that was leaking. Keeping that in mind, and using the video for instruction I replaced all 3, OCV, OCV gasket, and valve cover gasket. Thanks for the video it was helpful.

Back