Matching the Soul Red color

madar

Contributor
:
2016.5 CX 5 Touring AWD, 2015 SCION XB
I bought a new 16.5 CX 5 a few weeks ago, Soul Red. One week after I got the vehicle, some one tapped me in the font bumper and took off. The bumper cover and grill had to be replaced and I was worried about the shop matching the paint expertly. I know pictures over the internet don't do justice, but the shop I always frequent (4[SUP]th[/SUP] time in the last 10 years)matched the Soul Red perfectly. For those of you in the Doylsetown area of Pa. The shop is Thompson Collision of Plumbsteadville. They said this is the second time they had to work with this paint so they knew it wasn't going to be a problem. So, if you have this color and need repainting, know that with the right shop a perfect match is possible.
attachment.php
attachment.php

DSC01530b (640x480).jpgIMG_3970.JPGIMG_3968.JPG
attachment.php

Sorry some jerk hit you.. did they leave a note? Glad you got it fixed. Looks good.

Sorry some jerk hit you.. did they leave a note? Glad you got it fixed. Looks good.
lol, no. I just saw him pounding on his steering wheel and then sped away. Cops thought maybe the traffic light camera might get something but no news on that yet.

Seems like costly replacement.
I quickly give up any thoughts about buying new car knowing how oafs around my hood drive.

My 14.5 sould red got damaged by some fvcktard on my 2nd day of ownership - front bumper right side. Much more visible than yours. It is still there as I did not bother to shop paint it.

Bumper hits are inevitable and I will just replace the whole bumper when needed.

Glad you like your repair.

My 14.5 sould red got damaged by some fvcktard on my 2nd day of ownership - front bumper right side. Much more visible than yours. It is still there as I did not bother to shop paint it.

Bumper hits are inevitable and I will just replace the whole bumper when needed.

Glad you like your repair.

Yeah. Within the first month or so of owning mine, some metal went flying out of the back of someone's pickup truck on the highway and embedded themselves nicely into my front bumper.

I'll eventually get around to replacing the front bumper.

Back