Map Updates for Nav system

"...Use the CX-9s built-in address book and add Google to your address book. Program in the free directory assistance Google 411 phone number 1-800-466-4411. Now you can do a GOOGLE Search while driving your car, hands-free!... "

Just stumbled on this post. Tremendously useful.
Thanks SeCX-9.

Last edited:
OK I just bought the new 2008 CX9 GT about 1 week ago and the CD version I have is MAZDA PART No. GP9A 66 DZ0 D. I guess this is the latest one, because on all the forums I see people only have GP9A 66 DZ0 C. Not that it matters a lot since even with the new CD the NAV sucks compared to my TOMTOM. But if any one wants the new CD version I can burn ISO and upload it to their desired location so they can download it.

regards,
kkamal.

I really appreciate it if you can please send me a copy of the iso? After I receive it, I will upload it somewhere so everyone else can get it easily...

Please send it to azncoolboy3@aim.com

Last edited:
So I'm curious about the Map update...does it just update the streets? or does the whole navigation look/feel get updated? Im a little displeased that the NAV doesnt have a 3-d looking view. Is there any firmware upgrade to the system?

The newest map version is 2009.v1.
Your 2010 should have the new map already.
2008- and 2009+ have different screen resolutions. Therefore, different disks due to GUI drivers.

Each update gives you corrections, new roads, more/updated POIs, etc.
Usually there is no changes to user interface.

For anyone who's upgraded lately, I'd love to have your older, cast-off DVD that you replaced. Moving to a 2007 or 2008 DVD would still be an improvement for me.

I have a 2007 CX9 with a "2006 ver 2" navigation DVD.

mazdanavigation.com says the "2009 ver 1" DVD is the most recent for my 2007 CX9, but they want $200 for it.

So if you've got a 2008 DVD lying around, let me know!

My 2008 also had 2006.v2 map before I upgraded it to 2009.v1.
Therefore, my old one does not help you, either.

I've said it before and will say it again, $200 is such a monumental rip-off. And the market knows it: when Google announced free turn-by-turn GPS directions in October 2009, Garmin and Tom-Tom stock went crashing 20% down.

But of course, with an integrated NAV system, you don't have a choice.....

Wish I could get a copy of the latest... the price is insane. Anyone still mailing this out or making it available or is this thread too old?

You guys need to tell us what model year you have? Mazda changed the NAV system between years.

Back