Lowering a Mazda5?

:
mazda
Have anyone lowered a MZ5?

It is a tall car - little lowering might give more stability - perhaps smaller wheels can also help but it will increase to torque on Tranny/Engine!

I saw a CRV that I could not recognize it - likely a 2000 model.
It was lowered and they did a good job - it was being used to travel as it had a storage container on the roof.
It was fantastic from a functionality point of view - it is not too low that it touches the road.
It was a nice low profile CRV!

Below is a sample photo from the net:

I lowered my 2006 Mazda 5 on KSport coilovers about a year ago. Depending on how low you want and wheels your running, you will need to roll the rear fenders. I have a Eastwood fender roller so it was a nice and easy job for me. I was running 225/45/17 at the time when I took the picture. But I recently downsized to a 215/45/17.

This was when I had first installed the coilovers, car was way too low for my liking. I have about 1.5 inch gap in the front and rear, while also tuned in my dampers so the car doesnt bottom out or bounce. It has been fine for daily driving and work, but as with any lowered car, you just need to be mindful of the roads you are on and what spots to avoid. Car clears speed bumps with no scraping. My old OE struts were worn out and would scrape my side skirts on speed bumps from the softest of rebounds, even when I was crawling slowly over the speed bump.
1714716406229.jpeg

Back