Lost Nav card, will this work?

mpkav

:
2015 CX-5 GT
So, I fumbled a bit when I was taking my Nav card out and it fell under the seat. Then my hamfisted attempt at retrieving it pushed it into the opening for the seat wiring harness. Then my acrobatic attempt at going elbow deep into the guts of my car pushed it into another plane of existence. All I know for certain is that I have likely added another rattle to the car. (bang)

Just so I don't continue to do stupid things, my understanding of the restore process is:

1. Buy new 8 or 16 GB SD card
2. Format to FAT32 (?)
3. Insert into car, turn on, remove when error pops up
4. Insert into computer and open TomTomHOME
5. Restore from existing backup
6. Insert back into car (without dropping it into the void)

I just want to be 100% I don't erase the backup or have TomTomHOME throw a fit. Anyone able to help?

It happens. :)

You should be able to restore from TomTom Home with another card if you had previously allowed app to make a backup.

It happens. :)

You should be able to restore from TomTom Home with another card if you had previously allowed app to make a backup.

Thanks!

That was really easy. I walked down the street and bought a 16GB card on sale for $15. The instructions worked perfectly. I haven't put it back in my car yet (it is down in the garage) but TomTomHOME recognized it as "Mazda Navigation NB1" and restored from a backup.

EDIT: Worked like a charm. No need to format at all. I am going to buy another SD card and make a hard copy to file.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back