Lease Ending for My 2017 CX5 GT

Leaning toward keeping the '17. I moved up from a '15 to the '17 when that lease ended as I really liked the RCC/SG, LED headlights/rear combo lights, HUD and heated steering wheel.

Unable to determine if any of the 2020 CX5 trim lines have the LED rear combo lights and don't particularly care for the turbo. Can anyone confirm if Mazda dropped the LED rear combo feature?

Imho, Just keep the 17' until Gen3 comes out.

Imho, Just keep the 17' until Gen3 comes out.
If you look at those Carmax "for sale" figures I posted, it looks like folks are doing just that.

And it also looks like that can't get rid of the 16s and 16.5s fast enough.

Yeah - you have a bug :) Mine are always lit at night. Probably with the headlights/sidelights.
I went out for a drive tonight.
Those lights are working fine.

Just had to circle back to correct myself.
I got a bug, alright.

Unless most 2017 leases are ending later in the year it kind of seems most people do like and keep the 2017s.
I would too if I had 2017 since except the turbo and some not so major addons (cd not mentioned) there aren't life changing differences in 2018/2019/2020 non turbo models.
....oh and who would buy a 2016 gen-1 when they see the gen2 design and improvements :) of course they would want 2017.

Unless most 2017 leases are ending later in the year it kind of seems most people do like and keep the 2017s.
I would too if I had 2017 since except the turbo and some not so major addons (cd not mentioned) there aren't life changing differences in 2018/2019/2020 non turbo models.
....oh and who would buy a 2016 gen-1 when they see the gen2 design and improvements :) of course they would want 2017.
One of the many things that drove me to looking at new CX-5s was my understanding that Mazda did some major soundproofing improvements starting in 2018.

I never got behind the wheel of a used CX-5, but drove a 2016 CR-V that was loud as heck on the highway. It was loud enough for me to comment on it. "It's just the brand of tires," says the Carmax salesguy.

I was looking for a pre-owned CX5 and decided on a 2019. The used CX5 pricing from 2017+ was in the lower to mid 20's. Most 2017's had 35k+ miles so out of a large portion of warranty. With 2019's hitting the pre-owned market for nearly (1-3k price difference vs a 2017) it was a no brainer.

Also I might be the biggest fan of XMtravellink on this forum but absolutely love its integration with the stock NAV system. Its a nice perk that only became available on 2019+ CX5's and adds the missing live traffic feature the stock NAV should have had all along.

I was looking for a pre-owned CX5 and decided on a 2019. The used CX5 pricing from 2017+ was in the lower to mid 20's. Most 2017's had 35k+ miles so out of a large portion of warranty. With 2019's hitting the pre-owned market for nearly (1-3k price difference vs a 2017) it was a no brainer.

Also I might be the biggest fan of XMtravellink on this forum but absolutely love its integration with the stock NAV system. Its a nice perk that only became available on 2019+ CX5's and adds the missing live traffic feature the stock NAV should have had all along.
I've commented many times that the price of low mileage used cars (plus dealer financing incentives on new) made buying new a no-brainer. Around when I bought my CX-5, my brother (who owned his own repair shop) was looking for a used pickup. He was pretty much an industry insider, and discovered the exact same thing. He started out looking for used and ended up buying new.

It's interesting, the rule of "massive instant depreciation" when you drive a new car off the lot just no longer applies. You gotta wonder how used cars can even sell, with the spread being so narrow.

Regarding XMtravellink...I've yet to play with it. There's just no need where I live. "Traffic" here means you get stuck behind some guy driving his combine between fields or taking bales of hay to a customer. But I guess I should figure it out for when I take road trips.

I don't know about Meow_man, but I disabled the auto mirror fold and it did not affect my lit buttons.
I posted a correction to my earlier comments. I went for a drive tonight and my buttons are lit just as they should be. Maybe I had the window lock button engaged and didn't realize it, and the lights were too dim for me to see this afternoon when I was playing with it.

No, I haven't tried disabling the auto folding mirrors because I use that feature. I will test it to see what effect it may have.
You don't need to bother, unless you want to play with it.

I've disabled mine and the lights still work. I must have had the windows lock engaged.

I've commented many times that the price of low mileage used cars (plus dealer financing incentives on new) made buying new a no-brainer. Around when I bought my CX-5, my brother (who owned his own repair shop) was looking for a used pickup. He was pretty much an industry insider, and discovered the exact same thing. He started out looking for used and ended up buying new.

It's interesting, the rule of "massive instant depreciation" when you drive a new car off the lot just no longer applies. You gotta wonder how used cars can even sell, with the spread being so narrow.

Regarding XMtravellink...I've yet to play with it. There's just no need where I live. "Traffic" here means you get stuck behind some guy driving his combine between fields or taking bales of hay to a customer. But I guess I should figure it out for when I take road trips.

In my search, purchasing a new 2020 GT would have cost an additional 5k at least, for me the savings buying slightly used were well worth it as I paid cash difference after my trade.
Financing deffinatly changes the equation and makes purchasing new much more attractive.

Just an additional note about xmtravelink, it does work real time with traffic and adjusts eta for arrival. So far in my use its very accurate.

My wifes 2018 CX5 with factory NAV without XMtravelink always miscalculates ETA initially and updates itself during the drive based on position, it will not take any traffic into considerstion which is why people clamored for Andrioid Auto or Carplay previously so that mapping software could use live traffic.
With XMtravelink as part of 2019+'s I use the factory NAV as my goto and dont even bother with Google Maps.
While that may not be the popular choice and people will always prefer AA/Carplay mapping over the Mazda NAV, there is no question XMtravelink has boosted the stock NAV abilities in a positive way.

In my search, purchasing a new 2020 GT would have cost an additional 5k at least, for me the savings buying slightly used were well worth it as I paid cash difference after my trade.
Financing deffinatly changes the equation and makes purchasing new much more attractive.
I completely skimmed over your original comment. I thought you rejected a used 2017 for a new 2019, but I see you said "when the used 2019s hit the market." Yeh, walking away without a payment is always a good thing.

As I said, I gotta sit and play with Travellink, although my need is non-existent. It's interesting living in a rural area versus living outside of DC. Up north, I tried to do some volunteer work, but could not get to 7PM weeknight meetings that were only 10 miles away without enduring a 1-2 hour crawl through "rushhour" (defined as 5AM-10PM.)

The SiriusXM Travel Link site for my 2019 GT-R says nothing about real time traffic updates as part of the subscription services. I see fuel prices, movie listings, sports scores, stock prices and weather. The Safe View that does provide that service is not an option for my vehicle. Am I missing something?

Is the travel link the line that is either yellow or green next to the red lines on the Nav? It seems to change color based on traffic.

Is the travel link the line that is either yellow or green next to the red lines on the Nav? It seems to change color based on traffic.

Yes, yellow indicates slow traffic, geen indicates normal traffic flow. It will even indicate the particular lane....its a bit "cramped" on the screen but if your on a 2 lane road and the opposite direction traffic has a slowdown only that lane will be yellow.

The SiriusXM Travel Link site for my 2019 GT-R says nothing about real time traffic updates as part of the subscription services. I see fuel prices, movie listings, sports scores, stock prices and weather. The Safe View that does provide that service is not an option for my vehicle. Am I missing something?

If you bring up the stock NAV and see green lines overlaid on major roadways, or construction/lane closed icons on screen then you have real time traffic info.
For 2019+ XMtravelink is a free 3 year subscription if equipped and features the fuel prices, weather radar, forcasts, etc. To my knowledge it was all included in the free 3 year subscription so you shouldn't be missing anything unless you do not have the NAV card installed.

If you bring up the stock NAV and see green lines overlaid on major roadways, or construction/lane closed icons on screen then you have real time traffic info.
For 2019+ XMtravelink is a free 3 year subscription if equipped and features the fuel prices, weather radar, forcasts, etc. To my knowledge it was all included in the free 3 year subscription so you shouldn't be missing anything unless you do not have the NAV card installed.

Ah, thanks. The XM site is a little confusing. I doi remember seeing the traffic colors last time we used the Nav. I thought that was just part of the Mazda Nav system. Thanks for the clarification. So much to still learn about this new Mazda.

Leaning toward keeping the '17. I moved up from a '15 to the '17 when that lease ended as I really liked the RCC/SG, LED headlights/rear combo lights, HUD and heated steering wheel.

Unable to determine if any of the 2020 CX5 trim lines have the LED rear combo lights and don't particularly care for the turbo. Can anyone confirm if Mazda dropped the LED rear combo feature?
Umm, I can see not wanting to PAY for the turbo, but how can anyone who drives a car "not care" for a more powerful engine?

Gauging from the other posts, it sounds like 2017s are in high demand.

I wonder if you might exercise the buyout for pure financial reasons...that you might be getting a bargain on a future trade-in.

Back