Just pulled the trigger on a 2012 MS3! (and a stupid question...)

jdr01930

:
2012 MS3
Was looking for a 2009 WRX, but got this instead. Will miss AWD a few days per year, but whipdee-doo. This car is so much nicer.
Traded in my 2008 Impreza 2.5i, which I got back in June as a comprise after missing the boat on a used loaded Mazda3. But this is what I really really wanted all along anyway...

Taking delivery tomorrow - can't wait!

Stupid Question: How many keys/fobs should this thing come with? (No Tech Package)
(last new car I got was missing valet key)

Any MS3 specific delivery details I should be aware of?

It's equipped with the Interior Lighting Kit, Auto Dim Mirror/compass, and Wheel locks
Any recommend "must have" accessories? (mud flaps maybe)

ms32.jpg

ms31.jpg

Last edited:
Grats on the MS3, just got mine 2 weeks ago or so. I got two fobs, but I also have the tech package, so I expect you would get two keys. I did get the all weather mats, other than that pretty it much comes with everything. I went from a Mazda 2 to the MS3, it is AWESOME!

Cheers,
Shawn

Did the standard/included floor mats say "Mazdaspeed" on them?
I did not notice any floormats in the car, but the sticker says:
"Mazdaspeed3 Unique cloth and leather seats & carpet floor mats"
Just wanna know if they should say "Mazdaspeed" in case someone tries pulls the old switchero.
Those things have a way of disappearing...

If I sound mildly distrustful of dealerships, well, I am - but it's from experience.

I think the floor mats is comes with have the Mazdaspeed logo on it. From what I was told, and the mats I received they are just the standard rubber mazda all season floor mats.
Trust no one, that's a good moto, imo

Was just at the dealership - my son wanted to see the car. Really, it wasn't me - lol.
The Mazdaspped floor mats were in the car - didn't see 'em yesterday as they had paper over them.
They were detailing the car at time - looking good. My son took a bunch of pics and will be posting soon.

Awesome MS3! As others have recommended, my first/favorite add on to any car is an all weather floor mat to anyone who lives anywhere it rains. It makes cleaning the interior super easy, and protects your carpets for a better resale value. We have some nice black mud flaps that work well on the car, which will help protect your paint. We also offer a really nice LED kit if you're looking to give the interior a cool white look.

Regards,
Tyler

Congrats! I woulda made them take that dealer logo off though. I told my dealer they better not put one on it, then when I came to pick it up they had put it on. I made them take it right back off.

Holly crap this car rocks! I can't get the sh!t eating grin off my face half the time.
Delivery was fine by the way - Mazdaspeed3 floormats in place and 2 switch blade key/fobs.

Will probably get the corksports mudflaps at some point. Since the wheels have to come off to install, might have them installed at first tire rotation.

Your going to love it..congrats on the new ride!! @ bradboyd80 really?! I've always wanted a Subie..just never seems to be the right time and of course the prices are alittle steeper than the Speed's.

Actually the WRX I bought was only $3k more than a fully loaded MS3. The MS3 definitely has the better interior and handling, which is what I miss most.

/threadjack

Enjoy the ride man!

I got my 2012 back in November.

Attachments

• IMG_20120325_122753.jpg
    IMG_20120325_122753.jpg
    663.2 KB · Views: 112
GMONEI - Nice Rims! I take it those aren't stock.

Bradboy - considering how close I came to buying a WRX, that's not really a thread jack. I think there might be a few days in the winter when I miss the AWD, but the MS3 interior makes up for it (which I have to look at all year). Never got to drive a WRX, but I'm happy to hear the MS3 handles better. Though even it it doesn't, the MS3's handling is more than adequate for me. I decided not to hold out for trying a WRX as I feared the MS3 might get sold on me. Both models are a little hard to come by around here, and they seem to go (sell that is) pretty fast. Didn't want to snooze and lose again!

Got almost 1000 miles on it and lovin' it.

Yeah, I hear ya man. That's the whole reason I went for the WRX when I did. Perfect deal popped up and they go fast around here too.

Back