Is it possible to find out if my car has Keyless entry

yukima

:
2007 Mazda 3
Hello everyone,

I bought my self a 2007 Mazda 3 about a month ago and I'm wondering if my car has keyless entry. As of right now id like to know if there is an easy way to figure out if i do have it or not.

Im not quite sure of the exact model of my car. ill have to check that out tomorrow. But my car does have Power Locks, and Power windows, not sure if they are factory, but Im guessing they are.Its just my car never came with a remote.

Note sure if the color of the car will help determine which model i have but its Metallic Purple, and has no sunroof.

Thanks
Yukima

Hello everyone,

I bought my self a 2007 Mazda 3 about a month ago and I'm wondering if my car has keyless entry. As of right now id like to know if there is an easy way to figure out if i do have it or not.

Im not quite sure of the exact model of my car. ill have to check that out tomorrow. But my car does have Power Locks, and Power windows, not sure if they are factory, but Im guessing they are.Its just my car never came with a remote.

Note sure if the color of the car will help determine which model i have but its Metallic Purple, and has no sunroof.

Thanks
Yukima

press the button on the key fob twice. BOOM! doors unlocked!

I would assume since you have power locks that you do in fact have keyless entry. But I'm not sure. Contact your dealer with your VIN number. they will tell you

The guy that sold it to you must still have them, as far as I know most all Mazdas (at least 3's) come with keyless entry.

So i finally ordered my self a key fob off of eBay, and while trying to program it, i got stuck at a certain point, because my car doesn't seem to have a feature. I followed steps that are posted in a few different locations, and when i get to the point where i have to open and close my door 3 times, nothing ever happens afterwords. My locks don't lock and unlock like it says in the instructions.

I've also seen people say that when they unlock their doors their hazard lights blink once or something. My lights never come when locking or unlocking my doors, even when i put my key in the keyhole and hold it to unlock all doors. Could this be a sign that my car has a basic auto Unlock/Lock system and might not have keyless entry?

I also noticed a small antenna on my windshield just above the rear view mirror, any ideas what this is used for? I always thought it was for the keyfob.

Thanks
Yukima

The small antenna on your windsheild was most likely for a remote start system. Which means someone dicked with the wiring. Could explain why you are having difficulty. I would go to the dealer, or go to a good stereo install shop and figure out what is going on. It sounds like someone put a remote start/paging system in your car, but took all the remotes with them

AFAIK all 3's with power locks have remote entry as well, though there are differences between Canadian and US trims. It's possible that you had an incorrect remote for your car (some ebay sellers will advertise working with all year models and/or with all Mazda models). It's also possible that it must be programmed via the dealer plugging in to the computer. On some years of Canadian models the self-programming ability is switched off in the computer and the dealer has to turn it on.

I'd confirm that the visteon number on your remote matches that of another like-year Canadian model's remote to confirm you have the correct one. After that I'd confirm via your VIN that your vehicle has remote entry.

I got a-hold of a Mazda dealer in my area and apparently i have the GX model, with the Power Package, which doesn't include the key-less entry receiver...

Back