Installing Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass and Homelink on 2013 CX-9

dcSwede

:
2013 Mazda CX-9 Touring
I was surprised to find that my 2013 CX-9 (Grand Touring package) did not come with an auto dimming rearview mirror with Homelink, etc. I see you can order one from Mazda for $250 however, I asked my local dealer what the installation charge would be and he gave me a quote of $230! He said they had never done one but the technician looked at the installation instructions and estimated 2 - 2 1/2 hours of labor time. Has anyone on the forum had this done?

It was standard on the '12 GT and the '14 GT, but not the '13??? I'd order the part yourself, and find a local shop to do it, or have a buddy who's handy come over and help you and offer him some beers after.

tex2670 - I stand corrected! - I bought the Touring model with the Tech package which I thought was more or less equivalent to the GT without the larger wheels (I thought the ride on the GT was a bit harsh with the larger wheels), I guess one the things they leave out is the homelink mirror (seems lame for a "Tech" package...). I'm "negotiating" with my dealer on this now!

Latest posts

Back