installed turbo kit!.....WoW!

silver cx5

:
cx5 touring awd bose sunroof tech package
Just installed a new turbo kit on my cx5. What a difference! Ran about 240 hp on the dyno! I think my gas milage actually improved and I can smoke all four tires off the line!......oh yeah....one more thing...APRIL FOOLS DAY!

YES!!! The turbo kit is AWESOME!! This thing pops wheelies now!!!

Happy April Fools day!
You got me!

Yes, I had mine supercharged on April 1st. My gas mileage was terrible so I had it removed.

Ok, April fools jokes aside, is there a turbo kit that will fit the CX5 gas version? Does the diesel have a turbo/super charger? Could it be adapted to the gas engine? Anyone had any experience with it.
dj

Yes the diesel already has a factory turbo, but I doubt it could be adapted for the gas. Probably with time they will come out with turbos for these cars.

With a 13:1 compression ratio, I would have to doubt that a turbo would play well with the gas engine. I know DI does wonders for preventing knock, but it seems like Mazda already looked at how they could run this engine at the ragged edge. Adding a turbo would be nearly like running diesel engine compression.

Ford is running 10:1 compression on their DI Ecoboost engines. Much better to work with a turbo.

The diesel only runs 14:1 for emissions I think. Might have better luck cranking up the boost pressure on that if you are morally OK with the increased pollution.

Diesel doesn't need any more. Two turbos and an intercooler. It already feels like enough to handle.

pjensen641 is right with the petrol. The compression is sky high already. I don't think it can handle a turbo. The direct injection engines used on the Golf and Scirocco are turbo boosted, but they're barely 9.8:1 compression.

Back