Installed SSAFC. Mixed feelings about the results. What's a good custom map to load?

Yea tuning is everything. That's why it's called a tuner. I have an afc and I think it's the best mod I've done. Yea, over my 28rs. I wouldn't leave home without it.

is it possible to tune yourself? can i tune it using a mac laptop or does it gotta be windows?

I'd love to leave you guys with a tuning solution. I tuned my FIC in Windows XP on a Win7 laptop using a vmware hub. It worked out very well, although my battrey life sucked making for quick outings while tuning. A smaller/lighter laptop would have been greatly appreciated.

Here's my experience with the AFC. I had version 1 way back with a CAI, iON FMIC, Vibrant exhaust and a WBO2 with data logging. The Super Map did indeed get rid of the hesitation, but it leaned out too much in my opinion at high RPMs. Using my data logging on my laptop I tweaked the map a bit and got the fuel to level out a bit more. The only problem was I was still having HUGE hesitation when shifting with open throttle. This was because of stock boost levels and the FMIC, the air was taking too long to fill up the pipes and intercooler in time for the added fuel. I never got around it.

I'm going to reiterate what a lot of people on here are saying, take it to a tuner and have them take care of it. Tuning yourself is a crap shoot, you have to do it on public roads, which is dangerous (I almost hit a slow old person who pulled out in front of me while I was topping out 2nd gear). And if you make some changes, it's hard to determine if it does anything at all since there are so many data point. I sold all my stuff four years ago, but I'm hunting down another AFC and I'll be in the same boat only now I'm stock. When I get the few upgrades I am planning I'll tweak the map myself a bit, but then it will be going to the tuner for final tweaks.

Yeah I'm definitely going to get a dyno tune in the future after I get the 505 mani and meth in. Tuning will unlock tons of untapped power I'd imagine

Here's my custom map versus stock OEM tune, same mods.

mapcompare.jpg

AFRs look a little dangerous, you best make sure you're not knocking. people say 12.5 is a VERY aggressive tune, anything over is mechanical suicide.

Tail pipe sniffers for dynos will always read leaner than a WBO2 sitting ahead of the cats. My WBO2 showed around 11.0:1 and crept up to about 11.5:1.

Latest posts

Back