Installed Factory Sirius, getting "Updating" on display intermittantly

sfollenius

:
2007 CX-9 Sport AWD
I Installed Sirius in my 07 CX-9 last night, worked fine, I activated it said updating, took about 10 mins, but my wife drove to work today and it intermittantly says "Updating" on the display, she said especially when changes between pre-set banks. Is this normal? I have never had a factory Sirius unit before, only portable units.''

I did find this for a reset, which I guess I will try tonight:

1) Turn the car off.
2) Open the hood.
3) Open the under-hood fuse box.
4) Remove the 'ROOM' fuse, it's number 31 and is the most forward and passenger-side fuse. It's a 15 Amp.
5) Wait about 15 minutes.
6) Plug the fuse back in.
7) Start the car and switch to Sirius.
8) Your radio should say UPDATING.. after it's finished, you can reset all of your settings, presets, etc.

I got the free 6 months no problem!

Do the update with Sirius on the phone, sometimes it does take a while and it is still okay, sometimes it is an issue with the antenna. I had this issue when I did it on my Chrysler Pacifica. BTW, I have a question, did you place the antenna on the right side of the car roof like I have seen or in the middle of the roof? I saw some of the cars where I bought my car with the antenna installed right of center on the roof?

I placed it in the center, it logs odd to me off center? That's just me. The problem stopped, it did it the morning after installation, since then it has been working fine. Maybe it didn't take the update correctly the first time and has corrected itself. Who Knows!

The installation instructions do state placement on the right side of the roof, not sure why, it looks dumb that way in my opinion.

The installation instructions do state placement on the right side of the roof, not sure why, it looks dumb that way in my opinion.

OK, sounds good, BTW, was there enough cable to put it in the middle if you wanted to?
Are the instructions you used for 07 - 10 cards, or just 07 - 08?

I had plenty of antenna cable, I mounted the Sirius Module below the plastic compartment on the right (passenger) side. I had a good 6 feet of antenna cable to spare. The instructions do not state a year, it just says Part #0000 81 N01 CX-9, no years specified. The instructions actually state to remove the 3rd row seat and remove the passenger side wheel well cover and place it in there, I didn't do this. It was MUCH easier to leave the 3rd row seat in and tuck the cabling under the trim around the passenger edge of the vehicle and remove the cargo tray by popping out the two plastic screws that hold it in place. Plenty of room under the right side compartment.

Back