If you just bought a new CX-5 you would....

Not a big fan of car covers especially if you have a garage. If your worried about dust I have been using a California duster on my 328 that I keep garaged. Looks brand new 4 years and 90,000 miles later. No paint swirls. I would agree to the clear bra and wish I had done this to both cars when new. Driving highway miles fighting trucks spewing debree is brutal on the front bumpers and hood.

Thanks for the advice! I returned my $400 car cover and bought a $25 California Duster today. Car was really dusty after sitting for 4 days, a few minutes with the duster and it looks great!

Thanks for the advice! I returned my $400 car cover and bought a $25 California Duster today. Car was really dusty after sitting for 4 days, a few minutes with the duster and it looks great!

Here we go again. I've decided to go back to this car cover. I've spent a good deal of time the last couple weekends cleaning this car, trying to keep it looking like new. I drive it to work on Monday and by the time I get off, it's caked in a layer of dust and a few random yellow droppings I have no idea where they came from. To say this is irritating is putting it mildly (lots of curse words). I break out the California Car Duster and a bottle of quick detailer to remove the dust and clean the droppings. Inevitably though, I miss a spot here and there and by Thursday, it already looks like it needs a wash again. I park about 100' from the 5 fwy, which is massive for those that don't know, and in a semi-construction type lot where lots of big trucks are rolling in and out. I think the combination of the 2 offer me little hope of maintaining a clean looking car throughout the week.

If I garage it at night, cover it during the day, wash it regularly and hit it with the duster when needed, I don't think enough dust would build up to scratch the paint. I mean it would have to be a lot and in those cases I'll just forgo the cover until I get a chance to wash it. We'll see what happens.

P.s. Nothing like hunting and pecking your way through a lengthy post on an iPad in the "quick reply" box only to hit "reply to thread" instead of "post quick reply". (bang)

Last edited:
I know most aren't down with car covers but after washing her again yesterday, I can't tell you how happy this makes me.

image.jpg1.jpg

image.jpg3.jpg

image.jpg2_1.jpg

Latest posts

Back