I need your opinion...?

snooky

:
Mazdaspeed6 GT
Okay so i've had this idea in my head for a lil while, i was thinking of making the out part of my hood( the flaired part) black. i wanted to run it by u guys and get some feed back of what u think. im trying to change my look a bit and lose the ricer image. sorry for the poorness quality of the pic i did it on my pc in the "paint" prog. so letme know what u think guys.

thanks Snook

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 145
CrAzY-P5 said:
dont just paint it black... buy a carbon fiber hood and then paint the middle section the color of your car

thats a good idea, but it cost a lot to do...

if your going to paint the stock hood black, paint the middle part to flow with the grill. it will look better.

protejay5 said:
if your going to paint the stock hood black, paint the middle part to flow with the grill. it will look better.

i wasn't goin to paint it i was thinkin it would be a good idea to get a vinyl, because my cars a lease i can't really paint the hood unless im willing to replace it at the end.

oh and it would look wiered black in the midle cuz my grills are silver.

but if my grills were black then it would sick!

i was thinking of using a CF vinyl, but i figured it would look cheap and fake, so im going with flat black. whatchew guys think? do it or not?

snooky said:
im trying to change my look a bit and lose the ricer image.

Changing the look of the hood will add to the ricer image. Black hood 'accents' are not made for that color of car.

i'm planning to do the same thing ... i'll eventually get a carbon fiber hood and have those 2 parts painted yellow and keep the middle part in CF ... most likely with a DGM CF grill

snooky said:
i wanted to run it by u guys and get some feed back of what u think. im trying to change my look a bit and lose the ricer image

(lol)

what isnt rice to you can be rice to me... :)

CasopoliS said:
Changing the look of the hood will add to the ricer image. Black hood 'accents' are not made for that color of car.

i agree here. The fact that your car is a rental probably doesn't necessarily warrant all that work and money you've put on it. Also, i don't think making it a vinyl add-on will look good at all.....

okay thaks for helping me out guys, i wanted to ask you guys for your opinion first befor i made such a big mod. anybody wanna sell me ther CF hood? lolol

snooky said:
i wasn't goin to paint it i was thinkin it would be a good idea to get a vinyl, because my cars a lease i can't really paint the hood unless im willing to replace it at the end.
Wait a minute, your car is a lease??? Isn't this a big waste of money if you're hooking up a car you technically don't own?

ChiMSP said:
Wait a minute, your car is a lease??? Isn't this a big waste of money if you're hooking up a car you technically don't own?

technically the only thing im losing money on is; the CAI, and the lights. everything else like my stereo, shifter knob, exhaust..... i can put in my next car, or sell.

Back