I need a little help

04Mazda3i

:
silver 04 Mazda 3i
Not sure if this is where this should be, but I could not find anywhere else...
The other night I was driving to my boyfriends and I realized halfway there that my passenger airbag light kept coming on and going off ever couple of seconds to couple of minutes. I called my dealer and he told me to bring it in so they could hook it up, but I really don't have time this week/weekend to take it in and wait.
So, does anyone have suggestions on what this could be?

Welcome to the forums, next time you can post this on the Mazda3 section of this forum.

Was there something on the passenger seat (like a purse or something)? The passenger airbag has a seat sensor whereby if it senses some weight (yet not enough weight of a typical adult), then it'll illuminate the passenger airbag light to notify you the pass airbag won't come on. The main reason for this is so the airbag won't potentially hurt children in that seat.

there was a purse, frozen lasagna, a box of frozen chicken, and a frozen pizza in the front seat. lol, but my purse was the lightest thing

If its above 4lbs? and below 92lbs then the light will go on.

BlkZoomZoom said:
If its above 4lbs? and below 92lbs then the light will go on.
yea I had to do some reading up on it an decided to just not put groceries in the front seat anymore.

Back