I know the CX-5 is a nice car but...

I can lock my BMW with the engine running and the key fob on me. My 2014 CX-5 would not lock with the key FOB under the same circumstances. I was hoping the 2016 Mazda would have addressed this as well.

Exactly, that is how Mazda should program the FOB. You should be able to lock the running car with the FOB in your pocket.

For an outsider this is an uncomfortable moment.

So it's my fault that Americans are unfamiliar with the Second Amendment and I should cater to their poor schooling in American history?

It's not my job to make people comfortable about the safety of my family.

I will once again tell you this....you better hope that if a movie theater you are in ever get's shot up....I happen to be watching that same movie in the same theater and that same time.

You can thank me after it's over.

I'm not sure why a thread about a stolen car has to turn into a gun, ammo and dick waving contest. We have a lot of self-proclaimed tough guys.

I grew up shooting all kinds of long guns at an early age. By 8 years old my parents had trained me in basic firearm safety and I was authorized to roam our somewhat rural neighborhood with my .22 and plink away. Of course it was all just good clean fun as in "whoa, look, I just knocked that can off from what must be over 100 yards!" But we were trained never to point a gun at another human, loaded or unloaded. It never even occurred to our family that a gun was a way to protect you from "bad people".

Now it seems there is a whole new contingent of firearm owners who feel vunerable (scared even) if they don't have a gun locked and loaded at all times. Funny thing is, more people are shot accidentally than all the lives save by a hero with a gun.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure. Canada is not known as an armed society and yet I've generally found them pretty polite.

I know what you mean Brian. Living so close to the border, I travel back and forth on a regular basis. I can say, in my area, people are more polite when I'm in Canada. This is true whether driving through Canadian neighborhoods or walking along unfamiliar streets.

The argument that "an armed society is a polite society" is a bogus argument.

I'm not sure why a thread about a stolen car has to turn into a gun, ammo and dick waving contest. We have a lot of self-proclaimed tough guys.

I grew up shooting all kinds of long guns at an early age. By 8 years old my parents had trained me in basic firearm safety and I was authorized to roam our somewhat rural neighborhood with my .22 and plink away. Of course it was all just good clean fun as in "whoa, look, I just knocked that can off from what must be over 100 yards!" But we were trained never to point a gun at another human, loaded or unloaded. It never even occurred to our family that a gun was a way to protect you from "bad people".

Now it seems there is a whole new contingent of firearm owners who feel vunerable (scared even) if they don't have a gun locked and loaded at all times. Funny thing is, more people are shot accidentally than all the lives save by a hero with a gun.

Why is it that the trained fire arm owner who carries is always dick waving?

This is how I see it.

You go camping you take a tent, right?
Why in the name of JC would anyone have jumper cables in their trunk? Crazy!
Home generators....those are for the timid.
Why keep candles in the house? Oh yeah....they smell great when lit.
Why have a back up propane tank for the BBQ? Just go refill when low.

I see it as just another tool to get through life in one piece.

You'd never know I had a gun on me....EVER...until you are thanking me for having it. So...no real issue.

AND....I'm Jewish....so there ain't ANYTHING waving on my body :)

P.S. Plenty of guns in Canada. All the thieves have them :)

Canada has some REALLY FUNKY laws. For example, I think an SBR is unrestricted, while a pistol with barrel under either 4" or 5" is? Of course, America is weird too, suppressors are restricted while in EU it's illegal to shoot without one in many places, and you can buy them the same as a pack of ball cards.

Where are the moderators (cops?) when you need one?

Why do we need a moderator? If your not cool with this thread I think just not clicking on it takes care of it, no?

This way....only the ones interested can talk like adults about it.

Why do we need a moderator? If your not cool with this thread I think just not clicking on it takes care of it, no?

This way....only the ones interested can talk like adults about it.
Gee I don't know, somewhere along the line I got the crazy idea that this was a Mazda CX-5 forum!

So s*** gets off topic. No reason to run off and tell the teacher. Excuse yourself imo.

Why is it that the trained fire arm owner who carries is always dick waving?

Good question. It statements like the following that I was talking about:

I will once again tell you this....you better hope that if a movie theater you are in ever get's shot up....I happen to be watching that same movie in the same theater and that same time.

You can thank me after it's over.

Oops! you wrote that one. Well, statements like the following:

Threaten me and put me in fear of my life - you're going down - period.

Oh no. I see you wrote that one too. I guess you are most qualified to answer the question "Why is it that the trained fire arm owner who carries is always dick waving?".

Now let's try to stay on topic. Hint: This thread has nothing to do with concealed carry, open carry, ammo, shooting or how many guns you happen to own.

So s*** gets off topic. No reason to run off and tell the teacher. Excuse yourself imo.

Indeed. "I'm offended" is the implied statement, here, and it's become the rally-cry of people who aren't anybody, who wish to appear as though they are for some reason important. I'm sick of the attention that this kind of person gets in this country.

Back