I have a 2014 CX-5...why is my build date on my frame sticker 12/12

VanguardX

:
CX-5
On the sticker of the drivers door frame, it says 12/12...where the tire and weight data are...

What gives?

This is a 2014 with the 2.5 Liter

Did they build a bunch and retrofit them with the 2.5 after they didnt sell last year?

Also, for people with the 2.5,

after the car is warm and been driving for a while, do you feel the car slightly shake from time to time?

'Model' year doesn't mean much anymore, since the 2014 Mazda CX-3 has been available for some time in the year 2013, so that yours was built at the very end of 2012 is about right.

First of all, their production of CX-5 isn't meeting up to the demands, so they do not "don't sell". Second, model year has no relevance. They began production of the 2014 in November. I have one of the last batches of 2013 CX-5's. You are one of the first for the 2014...

Bought my 2014 in Feb, build date 12/12.
The 'shaking' is probably the car staying in a higher gear to save fuel. The engine kinda moans when you gas it a little to accelerate, but not floor it.

On the sticker of the drivers door frame, it says 12/12...where the tire and weight data are...

What gives?

This is a 2014 with the 2.5 Liter

Did they build a bunch and retrofit them with the 2.5 after they didnt sell last year?

I'm not sure what you were expecting.
It's not like they figured out a way to build them in the future, and ship them back through time, so that your build date would be 8/2013.

It typically takes about a month to build a car from it being initially ordered, and another month or two to ship to the US, then several more weeks to make it from the port to your dealership.

What I can tell you is that your car has been sitting a good long time before you bought it, if you just recently bought it.
My car is newer than yours, with a 1/13 build date, and I picked mine up from the dealer on March 20th when it arrived.

BC.

Yeah I got mine in July. I guess its been sitting quite some time...which is weird...7 months to move.

The shake I am feeling is at idle when the car is at a red light...it cant be sitting in a high gear... Happens even in park.

Could it be a motor mount?

Mine was made in 4/13, bought it mid July.

Also feel a little bit of shudder/shake when at a red light idling, but not too noticeable to be complaining for me.

The time it takes for a Mazda to make it from assembly in Japan to your dealer's lot in the USA can take up to 45 days. For these vehicles to be on the lot in Feb. 2013, they HAD to be made in December. My 2013 is one of the last made in November. I saved it from being turned into a service loaner. Since Mazda wasn't going to give decent incentives to clear out the 2013s, the last ones at my dealership were conscripted into service loaners. Got the last Zeal Red one in the area.

If the shudder is happening with your a/c on, it is probably the compressor kicking in.

As for the build date, the tag on the door only indicated the date in which your car was brought back from the year 2014.

My 2014 gs 2.5L was built in June 2013 and I picked it up sept 2 2013 at the dealer. I guess it didn't sit too long. When I used to work at a Mazda dealer I remember the owner would buy huge stock of the protgs and they would sit for months and months close to a year

Back