i hate nyc...

boost_me

:
mazdaspeed 3
between the hours of 2-3pm eastern standard...brooklyn, ny.. my car was towed! ironically across the street from the DMV where i was paying my bogus 250 parking ticket...

so as i head to the marshals office to show them my PAID TICKET RECIPT the clerk laughs and says.."ha.. you still have to pay the tow-fee, storage fee, and our fee to get your car out... regardless if you paid your tickets" i ******* hate these ticket clerks... Doesn't Bloomberg make enough money... s*** man!

the clerk even had the nerve to say...true story.."hey its tax season, so we should be getting alot more people in this week..." isn't that ****** up?

so now my car is sitting in the brooklyn navy yard.. 4 blocks from my house, the fees come up to 400 bucks, and i won't have any more money till next week...

...****.

i know i did this to myself...just wanted to vent..

thanks

I know exactly how you feel. Happend to me last year. Do yourself a favor and try and get your car out asap. For one, each day your car sits in there it's like another $50 tacked on to your storage fees; and also, there not responsible for any damage to your car in their posession.

When I got my car bad last year, it had a huge scratch down the passanger door and they left my window cracked open while it rained. Definately made me want **** someone up on site!

Good Luck..

thanks man... can't do anything till the end of the week.. some of my friends are comming thru and helping me out... its 800 bucks thats i don't have... rent/car-note/insurance/food seem to be at the top of my priority list..

Wow, that really blows.

Ive been through situations like that and I too got the "wrong place at the wrong time" gestures. Found out first hand how the city/government works.

new york city..... were u at the dmv thats right next to a cop station too? man this sucks i hate new york sometimes too, expensive rents, taxes, low wages(for me), expensive insurance... oh did i mention nypd is gay?

this is why i live in the woods within driving distance to cities.

i hate ny roads, police, people in manhattan and the general way of life and overpriced lifestyle.

woods FTW.

and good luck with the situation. you will just laugh about this down the line...

I feel your pain! My totaled car was sitting out front of my body shop, getting ready to be towed by the insurance company. It was towed by the Marshall for outstanding tickets I had already sent a check in for. Had to go pay the tow fees, storage, tickets... Get to the yard to get my car back, they charge me $65 cash to tow it out, then couldn't find the car. Finally towed it out 2 hours later, a hour after the tow truck i hired to get it back to the body shop. Then I had to pay $150 to the tow truck for the 3 - 5 mile tow plus 1 hour waiting. And the checks for the tickets cleared the same day. So now I'm have to wait 90 days+ for that refund.

And it delayed the pickup by the insurance company by 5 days. ******* A.. who tows an obviously totaled car???

Much as that bites, it isn't just New York, it is life in the big city. You are just a number and source of revenue to big government these days.
John Locke stated centuries ago in his Treatise on Civil Government that governments are supposed to exist solely to make the lives of the people better at the whim of the people (drastically short summary there) and not for their own sake.
We have come to the point where government exists for the primary purpose of perpetuating itself and the people it is supposed to serve are secondary to that goal. A sad, sorry state.

k heres what you do, get a gun...a BIG gun, get bullets...and i think you know the rest lol

I know you were joking, but you need to be careful. In this day and age, there are an awful lot of people who have lost someone to that kind of thing and are not amused. It isn't something to joke about.

Yeah, please don't say you were parked in front of a fire hydrant or something.

In DC, finding good parking is an art form and sometimes, you have to push the limits of what's legal. For the most part, you can get away with stuff.

If you are parked in a fire lane or whatever, you're doomed no matter where you live.

No matter what though, sorry for the trouble because that suuuuuucks to have to deal with all that. (notcool)

Back